Which Brand of HU is Better?

I changed it, Lol. I think I am going to try one too, if I dont find a 9887. And he can get a 117 for $250.
Thats why i want gim to buy my 105 which is in is budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif hahaha... I have heard the 117's are a little bright thou...

You may be a little misinformed, because the 9855 or the 9887 are incredible decks. You really should look into a CDA 117, that is what I am thinking of getting. Decks process music, and the way they process iPod music is really important to me, but as for what kind of music a deck can play, it more depends on the CD itself or iPod and the speakers, assuming you are not using amps. This is why the deck has EQ sets for you to change the way the music sounds. Or less you are super SQ, I dont know anyone who buys a deck for the kind of music you listen to. Many many people listen to rap, and they run Alpines ALL DAY. 

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I have this exact deck, if you are interested in buying it from me, OP.
in my country most car audio shop considering alpine a lower level of Pioneer (because pioneer are the most popular Head Unit Brand in Domican Republic), i am a car audio installer in my country, i have insteresting to Upgrade to a Level of quality

I have a complete Car Audio System:

actually i have 2 kicker comp 12 in kicker Box with Fosgate P300.1 amp (amazing bass), the front stage are neodymium magnet speakers (mte pro audio 6.5 ''local great budget loudspeaker'') with two plastic cheap tweeter in down of the dash because these are too bright, the rear speaker are pioneer Rev 6.5 coax, the mid amp is a kicker zx350.4

i look for upgrade my system, I looking this:

2 Diamond Audio D312 in correct box (i choosing an amp later)

Diamond d363 speakers or CDT cl6ex (I'm not sure which to choose or stay with the pioneer??)

the front stage are a kind of comp Home Made and i love it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

for the HU now i have alpine or kenwood for Option (alpine are cheap (used) in some car audio shop in my country)

in my country most car audio shop considering alpine a lower level of Pioneer (because pioneer are the most popular Head Unit Brand in Domican Republic), i am a car audio installer in my country, i have insteresting to Upgrade to a Level of quality
I have a complete Car Audio System:

actually i have 2 kicker comp 12 in kicker Box with Fosgate P300.1 amp (amazing bass), the front stage are neodymium magnet speakers (mte pro audio 6.5 ''local great budget loudspeaker'') with two plastic cheap tweeter in down of the dash because these are too bright, the rear speaker are pioneer Rev 6.5 coax, the mid amp is a kicker zx350.4

i look for upgrade my system, I looking this:

2 Diamond Audio D312 in correct box (i choosing an amp later)

Diamond d363 speakers or CDT cl6ex (I'm not sure which to choose or stay with the pioneer??)

the front stage are a kind of comp Home Made and i love it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

for the HU now i have alpine or kenwood for Option (alpine are cheap (used) in some car audio shop in my country)
Hmmmm, thats interesting... Well or less you go really high end with Pioneer, the new stuff *****. I would go with the Kenwood line. If you can buy from eBay then I would hunt around for an Alpine deck. I am not sure why they are lower class in your country, but I assure you they are very fine decks. Your next set up should be quite nice.

Hmmmm, thats interesting... Well or less you go really high end with Pioneer, the new stuff *****. I would go with the Kenwood line. If you can buy from eBay then I would hunt around for an Alpine deck. I am not sure why they are lower class in your country, but I assure you they are very fine decks. Your next set up should be quite nice.
We could work out shipping on mine if he wants...

Stupid cheap stuff is bad on matter who makes it (those sub $100 head units). Mid-price stuff ($150-$300 range) is usually hit and miss. Often, it's down to specific head unit model I'd say. And in general, I can nitpick and find problems with any head unit's interface on the market. I use Kenwood's KDC-x994, grudgingly, because in terms of features it was the best thing on the market for the money, but the interface has many stupid quirks. JVC and Sony are roughly in the same class, add or subtract. Alpine is better, specially if you go for the more expensive models with imprint. However, what drives me crazy about Alpines is that you need to get an external BT module, and before you know you have spent about $500 on a head unit. (I know they have some models with built in BT, but they have only front USB, which I can't stand, instead of rear)

Clarion Alpine or Kenwood for me. Been using Clarion decks since 2008. They do what I need them to. The best one I've had was prolly the Alpine cda-9831. If I could find another one of those I'd buy it. Next best I had is my Clarion DXZ785USB, which is in its box. Currently using CZ500. Works great sound real good. Thought bout getting the CZ501. And for 134 for the deck, dash kit, wire harness and antenna adaptor its doin what I need it to. But one of those three I would get.

Any difference you are hearing with certain music on different head units has very little if nothing at all to do with what brand the head unit is.

A budget of $170 is not going to get you a whole lot of choices when deciding on 2011 models from Pioneer, Clarion, and Kenwood. If you care about warranty coverage don't consider most online prices. For Clarion $170 could get you the CZ301. From Pioneer you could get the DEH-3300UB. Kenwood's best head unit for $170 would be the KDC-348U.

They'll all sound good for the money. Some people need a color changing display, which Clarion doesn't offer on any CZ head unit. The Pioneer DEH-3300UB only has 1 RCA pre-out, while the Clarion CZ301 and the Kenwood KDC-348U have front and rear/sub switchable pre-outs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.