Which box??

Participant count
  • Participant list

jstaguy24
10+ year member

Im going to build a box this weekend. I was looking at the boxes under moe lesters box plans. Which one would work best for 2 fiQ 12's. Right now I will be putting two kicker C12's that I already have. when taxes come I will be buying the fi 12's and a mono amp. I was looking at the one that was 4.5 cu ft at 30 hz. It will be going in a full size bronco. A lot of the plans are now missing so That was one that was still there. I want it loud but to also be tight for rock music

I do not know how the Kickers will sound in this, but it should be great for the Fi.Qs. I am assuming that you are going to get 2 12 dual1s, so that you can get a 1 ohm load to the mono amp.

It is 5cuft @ 30Hz

Let me know if the dimension are to big for your Bronco, and I can change them up.

Well my kicker recommendations are 1.75 to 2.25 cubic feet ported enclosures. with a 2.0"x12.5" port 16.5 inches long. thats right from the owners manual. They probably will only be in the box a couple weeks though anyway. Its being built for fi Q's. I was thinkin the 2 ohm dual voice coil subs (times 2 subs) to bridge the two to 2 ohms cuz I was going to get a kicker mono amp which says 2 ohm. I know people on here has said they have no problem at one ohm though so if thats the way to go I will.

^^ , that what I designed and built my box to for my q's

The responce curve changes a little, but I do not think it will make that much differance between the dual1 or dual2, so that is up to you. That said you might want to look into other brands for your amp needs there are very good 1ohm stable amps out there that are the same price or cheaper. Just my $.02

Well i got that box built yesterday and intalled today. **** did it make a difference. Even with only 150 rms to each sub they sound awesome. Going to set up some more power to them today and should be awesome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.