which backup camera?

orangecounty1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa, FL
a guy over on ROE got this one on ebay for like 23 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wide-Night-Vision-Car-...oQQcmdZViewItem

and he said so far its nice, heres some pics of his hooked up. what i wanna know is, should i get this off brand one, or should i spend a little more and get a nice one? i dont really know if i want those LEDs in the camera like his, he said they dont help, so that doesnt matter, i just dont want the LED's to be shining, itll make the camera stand out, i want it to be stealthy looking when installed.

plus its not just gonna be for reverse, im gonna have it on a switch so i can just turn it on whenever im driving so i can always see behind me.

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

a guy over on ROE got this one on ebay for like 23 shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wide-Night-Vision-Car-...oQQcmdZViewItem

and he said so far its nice, heres some pics of his hooked up. what i wanna know is, should i get this off brand one, or should i spend a little more and get a nice one? i dont really know if i want those LEDs in the camera like his, he said they dont help, so that doesnt matter, i just dont want the LED's to be shining, itll make the camera stand out, i want it to be stealthy looking when installed.

plus its not just gonna be for reverse, im gonna have it on a switch so i can just turn it on whenever im driving so i can always see behind me.

i thought this is what REARview mirrors are for:confused:

hi,

first time here but. i hang out at an other forum. anyway, i been into carputers for the past 3 years and i love the hobby. i have a nissan altima with touch screen and a pc in the trunck. i love it i have all my music and a gps software. plus the best thing about it going on the internet with it and also getting traffic updates.

well i bought a rear camara with rear sensors and it works quiet well. the screen is on the rearview mirror which turns on when you put your car on revers. and the sensors is good too because it tells you how far the object is. tried to look for rear camera with backup reverse sensors on ebay. good luck!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have that exact camera in my jeep right now. I use it since I have a wall and needed a rear view of some sort. There are some pro's and cons to it :

Pro's

3 wire install ... ground, hot, and NTSC video out

Small package

Casing is very durable steel

Works well at night, you can even see the infrared reflection off the clouds at night from the city streets

Solid state, and if you wire the voltage up backwards it doesnt harm it. (idiot proof)

Directly looking at the sun with it does no damage, and looks kinda neat.

Cons's

Poor overall color quality during the day and night as compaired to a $300 camera (but duh, its 30 bucks)

Has trouble figuring out what is night and day sometimes, gives a grey tone to everything while its figuring it out.

You have to mount it on a flat surface for it to seal to the surface properly.

Things are actually 2x further away then they seem. (but you get used to it)

all in all, for $30 you cant complain. Ive considered getting a couple more for the fawk of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.