Which Amp?

A or C should make the type Rs move fine. I'd totally recommend going with a 2 ohm sub if you are only running one subwoofer.

D is a decent amp but it has no adjustable subsonic filter so it would only work with sealed boxes instead of ported.

A or C should make the type Rs move fine. I'd totally recommend going with a 2 ohm sub if you are only running one subwoofer.
D is a decent amp but it has no adjustable subsonic filter so it would only work with sealed boxes instead of ported.
Are u kidding me? That amp will only work with a sub in a sealed box? Biggest load of crap I've ever heard.. It's prly going in my sig

My wife's car has a prefab. "Ported" and has 2 pioneer premier spl3000s 12s. She can play well into the 20s and still have output. All I listen to is decaf in her car and 90% of my music is 30hz and under. I live for the lows.. U don't need to tune low for it to play low. Just gotta start with a good week rounded woofer.

I've had my share of type R installs and fixing prefab installs and dealing with blown type Rs. Guys were bottoming it out pretty quick when they discovered re-bassed music and didnt know what a subsonic filter was. Not every sub will handle lows fine like that and port dimensions and ratios will also have an effect.

Op, the problem with having a ported box is that below tuning, the frequency the port is tuned to, the sub has the potential to unload dramatically, increasing the risk of over extending the suspension of the subwoofer and damaging it. That is why it is recommended to use a amp with an adjustable subsonic filter. That's is all Jeff is saying.

Op, the problem with having a ported box is that below tuning, the frequency the port is tuned to, the sub has the potential to unload dramatically, increasing the risk of over extending the suspension of the subwoofer and damaging it. That is why it is recommended to use a amp with an adjustable subsonic filter. That's is all Jeff is saying.
yes and apparently mr 157db capable has no comprehension of this.

I've had my share of type R installs and fixing prefab installs and dealing with blown type Rs. Guys were bottoming it out pretty quick when they discovered re-bassed music and didnt know what a subsonic filter was. Not every sub will handle lows fine like that and port dimensions and ratios will also have an effect.
This is actually exactly what happened to my type R's on a mtx81000 without a subsonic filter AND newly discovered decaf. Cracked the cone. Didn't smoke the coil just bottomed the fu¢k out of it. Didn't overpower it, just too much below tuning

It's simple as know your equipment and know your music and u won't have any problems. My subsonic is all the way off. I've never used one once ever. And I've only blown one subwoofer on accident "solo x 18" and that was death to clipping.. I understand what Jeff was trying to say but to tell the OP that amp can only run subwoofers in sealed boxes is complete and total rubbish

It's simple as know your equipment and know your music and u won't have any problems. My subsonic is all the way off. I've never used one once ever. And I've only blown one subwoofer on accident "solo x 18" and that was death to clipping.. I understand what Jeff was trying to say but to tell the OP that amp can only run subwoofers in sealed boxes is complete and total rubbish
I was missing the word "well" oh la dee da my bad for not being politically correct on the fking forums.

"would work with well sealed boxes instead of ported."

Happy now?

yes and apparently mr 157db capable has no comprehension of this.
Don't pick on him. I don't want him to get all mad and get banned again

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

But don't you have torn spiders?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.