This is my build...

Stinger Roadkill

Pioneer AVH-X7800BT 7" H/U

Hertz Hi-Energy HSK 165XL

SSA ICON 12" 1250w Subwoofer

Twisted Sounds TS1.3KW 1300w Mono Amp

Khaotik Enclosures Ported Single 12" Sub Enclosure

Helix DSP 8 ch.

I want to go full active using the Helix DSP and need 2 amps to power the XLs, 1 for the comps and 1 for the tweeters..

Any suggestions which amps to use ?

Depends on your budget really,and how much room you have or willing to give up.You could go with the PPI 900.4 if on a budget and space is a factor to keep it at a minimum, or go all out and get a real quality made amp and pick up a Gladden.

if you want overkill, get two ppi 900.4s and bridge each of them to two channel mode so you get 450 watts per tweeter and 450 watts per mid. However you arent gonna use all of that... more realistically have your gain set around 200 watts but when you listen loud and the music calls for it, you wont encounter clipping/distortion or speaker break up due to inadequate amplifier power. This also opens up possibilities of a 3 way active front where you can bridge one of the 4 channels for midbass and use the other 4 channel for midrange / tweeter.

The HSK XLs handle FKloads of power.

What is your budget? There is a myriad of options to choose from. Having a budget will narrow those options down.
Depends on your budget really,and how much room you have or willing to give up.You could go with the PPI 900.4 if on a budget and space is a factor to keep it at a minimum, or go all out and get a real quality made amp and pick up a Gladden.

my total budget for the amps to power the XL's is around $500

my total budget for the amps to power the XL's is around $500
ZAPCO ST-204D BT BLUETOOTH 4-CHANNEL 1,120W RMS COMPONENT SPEAKERS AMPLIFIER NEW | eBay

This would be Ideal to run on that set of speakers If I had the budget of $500, and really into SQ.Gladden is out of your $ range.PPI would be a decent amp to run if not going all out SQ.Those Mids really shine in a small enclosure if you have the room.I heard a set of Mills in a pod enclosure and they sounded amazing with a Gladden and sealed up doors with the mids on the dash in a small pod and the tweets in a pod on the dash with dash cover.Thats just me though. I plan on building a SQ/SQL system next year

I plan on Building a SQ/SQL system next year.Wont be perfect,but should suite my needs and wants that others may not like.I have two Zed Micro IV amps that were made to run mids that I picked up a couple years ago that Ill prob use on front stage along with a few older Autotek Mean Machine 99s, and a couple on subs more than likely and a couple 66HCs. Someone may have a couple those Micros to give up.Might run a thread in search of?Those newer version US Acoustics are some really nice sounding amps.I myself like the older versions like the USA US Acoustics Series II,2100s and 2200s..Even the 2050s and 4080s, 4060s are some really clean sounding amps prob find reasonable.Alphasonic made the series as well, pretty much a mirror image.Great SQ amps and have some power

Yes, this is the enclosure: Ported Single 12" Subwoofer Enclosure - SSA STORE

its pricey but looks nice. i found another that also looks good for $130 ..will probably go with that instead use the extra money towards better amps .
Thats really high man., a cabinet maker is gonna make me a custom box for $150 or less., u might wanta show me the box before u buy it.. i've check many prefabs for size and tuning most ****.. there are maybe 2 on ebay that ain't bad

300 bucks for a single sub enclosure plus shipping on top of that, prob looking at 350 or more....that's expensive.

Try and build your own enclosure for that sub. I'm not sure how those are from SSA, haven't came across anyone that's bought them so I dunno how they are. But....cheaper to find a box builder within your area than buying one online. Or if your up to constructing one, and have the necessary tools, do it.

Thats really high man., a cabinet maker is gonna make me a custom box for $150 or less., u might wanta show me the box before u buy it.. i've check many prefabs for size and tuning most ****.. there are maybe 2 on ebay that ain't bad
This is the box I plan to purchase on eBay:

12-Inch CUSTOM-PORTED MDF CAR STEREO SUB WOOFER ENCLOSURE 2 CU. FT. TUNED @ 32Hz | eBay

Im leaning towards a GCON sub instead.. Ideally want an enclosure thats 2.8 cu.ft tuned @ 30 hz , if I can find a box builder local that can build a similar quality box for me for around $150 mb I'll go that route

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.