Which Amp Should I use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

KMahl

Colorado
I have two amps, a Sony GTR 2002 (250rms x2 @2ohms) and a Audiopipe ACPL-3002 (300rms x2 @2ohms).

The Sony has (2) 40 Amp fuses, but the Audiopipe has (2) 25 amp fuses.

Which one would push more power? According to the fuses the Sony should? Unless I was told incorrectly and the fuses don't matter? (Fuse Ampx10= max output?)

I have two Powerbass DVC Type L 12in. There wired at 2 ohm 400rms/800 ea (if that helps)

Thanks

Sony

Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV...

Audiopipe

http://www.sonicelectronix.c

I'd hook up the subs to a 4 ohm final load and use the Sony. For both of those subs, I'd be using a 1kw amp, but see what 500W does for you...could be good enough if your box is right.

Why a 4 ohm final? Just asking why that'd be better over a more powerful 2ohm final
You can't do 2 ohm final. With 4 ohm DVC subs, you can do either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. Your amps can only run at 4 ohms in bridged mode, so that's your only option. If you plan on getting an amp in the future, come here before acquiring new items. You don't want to have to deal with mismatched impedance and lack of power again.

I can do a 2 ohm final?

Final on each channel is two ohm? Or should I have them bridged?

Sony (200x2 @ 4ohm) (250x2@2ohm)

Audiopipe 150x2 @ 4) (300x2 @ 2)

Both amps were "acquired" freely so I can't complain they don't match perfectly. How ever both amps will work for the application. I was just wondering whatwhat your guys opinion was about that

That is what he is telling you. parallel the voice coils(2 ohms each sub), then series the subs(4 ohms total), or series the voice coils(8 ohms each sub), then parallel the subs to get 4 ohms, bridge the Sony amp (that's left+/right-).... it will give you about 500 rms into one 4 ohm channel then.

So after my few minutes of reading on what mono is (I'm definity no pro) the subs are playing slightly differently because there on different channels.. And each channel is playing from each RCA input (2 RCA inputs/ 1 per channel) correct, or am I way off

So after my few minutes of reading on what mono is (I'm definity no pro) the subs are playing slightly differently because there on different channels.. And each channel is playing from each RCA input (2 RCA inputs/ 1 per channel) correct, or am I way off
Something like that. Also, music is recorded differently and each channel may get a different signal. Sub frequencies are non-directional, so you always want both subs playing the same thing.

So with my random box of wires I have, I have a RCA cable that turns 1 RCA into 2, so from my head unit I'd choose one sub channel and run it through both RCA's? so they both get the same feed? Then am I essentially mono?

If this is correct, does it matter which output from the HU I use? (Red vs white)

So with my random box of wires I have, I have a RCA cable that turns 1 RCA into 2, so from my head unit I'd choose one sub channel and run it through both RCA's? so they both get the same feed? Then am I essentially mono?
If this is correct, does it matter which output from the HU I use? (Red vs white)
How many pre-amp outputs does your deck have?

take both the red & white sub output rca's and run them to the sony amp. set the switch to LP and set the LP filter around 80 hz. Use left+ terminal and right - terminal to hook up to the subs. Wire your subs just like this diagram ....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.