Which amp for Image Dynamics

Tyler Ranes

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys I currently have a couple Cheap Rockford p1 10’s In my truck but I would like to replace them with Image Dynamics ID10’s. Would my JL xd600/1v2 or kicker DX1000.1 be a better match? The JL is already hooked up to the rockfords and the kicker is in my work car pushing an old Alpine type X 12. If anyone could give any input on the cheaper Image Dynamics subs I would really appreciate it. Haven’t been able to find much information on them and was wondering how they would sound in a .65 per side sealed box. Thanks!

You probably want to decide if these are all dual 4 subs, what the P1s are wired at now to the JL and what you plan to wire the ID10s if you get them.  The JL is more suited for the P1 10s being it can only put out 600w @2ohms max.  I am no expert but having a sealed enclosure and as far as sound quality goes .65cft per sub is not much even for those 10s depending on the music you play.  Might be plenty for a truck though.  So you might want to also share what types of music you listen to or what type of bass you prefer.  

Last edited by a moderator:
id run the Kicker at 2 ohms.  the subs need to be dual 2 ohms.  JLs site has wiring diagrams if you need em

I believe the p1s are wired to 4 ohms. I’m not looking for anything extreme, just a little better sound quality than the p1’s.  I listen to about everything. Rock, county, and old rap usually. 

I believe the p1s are wired to 4 ohms. I’m not looking for anything extreme, just a little better sound quality than the p1’s.  I listen to about everything. Rock, county, and old rap usually. 
If they are, wire them to 1ohm and hook up the kicker first. Maybe all you need is a bit more power. Unless you already bought the id10s.

I've got an IDQ 10" and only giving it 460rms at 2ohms; I would recommend this one vs. the entry level. It's in a Camaro firing up at the back glass like a hatch back and it really does a number.  I recommend getting the IDQ series, it's very musical and does thump pretty good and will take all that those amps can give. If you go on their website they've got the specs all listed there for each speaker.  If I remember correctly it was a little awkward to find but it'll have everything you need and more.  They give you 3 different scenarios of box sizes based on what you want out of the speaker.  I called them, asked for the tech department, and the guy went over each box sizing, what it meant and how to "tweak" it to get the best out of it.  I went with the largest ported volume to accomplish my goal.  Also he unofficially told me what they could really take if I "happened" to overpower them.  As you can see by my numbers I haven't, but that's only as of today....tomorrow may change things.  If you're going with the pair get the IDQ's and use the Kicker at 2ohms.

I have an Idmax 12 on an Arc Audio 6ch and it sounds damn good. If you can, i would maybe save a little more and do the Idmax 10 instead of the id or idqs. Imo they're significantly cleaner and louder in a custom sealed enclosure. Mine is ported tho but I'm going to be doing 2 12s sealed.

I have an Idmax 12 on an Arc Audio 6ch and it sounds damn good. If you can, i would maybe save a little more and do the Idmax 10 instead of the id or idqs. Imo they're significantly cleaner and louder in a custom sealed enclosure. Mine is ported tho but I'm going to be doing 2 12s sealed.
that shits gonna sound nice !

that shits gonna sound nice !
Yeah im really hype to be adding the PS8 and the PSC! The GM MyLink is giving me issues with the LC7 and i want to fix my imaging as well add a second set of tweeters to my backstage. Then im putting the two idmax on their own X2 mono. Next year im hoping to get another  XDi 1200.6 to go full active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.