Which Alpine sub to go with?

Participant count
  • Participant list
That DC and the Demon will work in that enclosure. A 10 would be ideal for sure. He would have to do another Baffle. And Im not sure if he has skills or tools for that?? A tuned enclosure and Sub for just under $250 bucks shipped(Not Including Tax Im sure) with a warranty is a steal.

Another baffle? Why? I'm running 3,500 watts with a single baffle. Many subs would good in 1.3 cubes. The SA Classic 10 would be my choice. Then the Crossfire C3.

Another baffle? Why? I'm running 3,500 watts with a single baffle. Many subs would good in 1.3 cubes. The SA Classic 10 would be my choice. Then the Crossfire C3.
Reading the first post. Maybe Im wrong?? But sounds like he has an enclosure with the hole already cut out for a 12.?? Screw another baffle on and do a cut out for a ten for that 1.3 and move on. save funds on buying another enclosure. Ive had SA subs.. They Blew Azz. I tossed those after 8 different enclosure builds. Went with XFLs and never looked back

Reading the first post. Maybe Im wrong?? But sounds like he has an enclosure with the hole already cut out for a 12.?? Screw another baffle on and do a cut out for a ten for that 1.3 and move on. save funds on buying another enclosure. Ive had SA subs.. They Blew Azz. I tossed those after 8 different enclosure builds. Went with XFLs and never looked back

The XFL is too much for his power. The XD10 would work fine. I ran XD8's and they were great. CT Sounds Ozone would also be a good choice. My installer buddy is wanting me to switch to four SA Classic 10's right now in the same box to break 150. I'm looking at the Crossfire C3's.

100 ounce motor is weak IMO.
He only has 600 RMS @2 ohms to work with.. Those subs do great for the money. I have 10s and 12s in that series as well as the HD3 series. They do not disappoint for the money. These are HD310s in 4.0@32 HTZ and They will Slamm on one my CT Sounds 2ks

Attachments

• 20220803_082733 (2).jpg
    20220803_082733 (2).jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 19
He only has 600 RMS @2 ohms to work with.. Those subs do great for the money. I have 10s and 12s in that series as well as the HD3 series. They do not disappoint for the money. These are HD310s in 4.0@32 HTZ and They will Slamm on one my CT Sounds 2ks

I think you will have a hard time beating one or two of these for the money. 150 ounce motors. They can do work. They only come in D4 (Bob told me). 800 rms.

Screenshot_20221025-224802_Chrome.jpg

The XFL is too much for his power. The XD10 would work fine. I ran XD8's and they were great. CT Sounds Ozone would also be a good choice. My installer buddy is wanting me to switch to four SA Classic 10's right now in the same box to break 150. I'm looking at the Crossfire C3's.
XD would work fine as well. I like all my A.B subs. That HDS210 sounds a bit cleaner from my experiencing. The XD would prob be Louder. I can not Vouch for Any CT Subs yet. I havent tried any as of Yet.Just Amps,Eq, and some Meso 5.25s and the Bio 6.5s so far. Nice gear.
I would Steer clear of the SA 10s. You want to hit a 150? Get the XFLs or the HD310s. I havent ran CrossFire for a a few Years. Ive heard and seen Vids on some newer subs that get down

Attachments

• 20210821_191515 (11).jpg
    20210821_191515 (11).jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 17
XD would work fine as well. I like all my A.B subs. That HDS210 sounds a bit cleaner from my experiencing. The XD would prob be Louder. I can not Vouch for Any CT Subs yet. I havent tried any as of Yet.Just Amps,Eq, and some Meso 5.25s and the Bio 6.5s so far. Nice gear.
I would Steer clear of the SA 10s. You want to hit a 150? Get the XFLs or the HD310s. I havent ran CrossFire for a a few Years. Ive heard and seen Vids on some newer subs that get down

I've thought of squeezing 4 AB HD10's behind my seat in a new box on an 8K. I can get 6.9 cubes net with my seat all the way back in my standard cab.

I havent ran these or the 12s.. I ran an Older AB. VFL 8 Carbon fiber series about 5 years ago. For an 8.. it got down pretty dammned good

My installer bought my two gold coned VFL 8's when I had him install 4 of the new VFL 8's. He built my box for free in exchange for the 8's, box, and a DD M80 mono amp (900 watts @ 1 ohm) that cost me $150 used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...