Where to set my bass eq?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hardwork28

I want the best possible sound in my car with 2 12's, and a 7 speaker infinit system. Where to set the bass? Where do I need to set the bass on my car's eq? My bass option looks like this...

(-9) - - - - - - - - - 0 - - - - - - - -(+9)

Before I had the system installed I had 1 10" stock sub in the back, and I would set the bass to about (+7) and it sounded great. I just had 2 American Bass XD 12's, being pushed by a 1600 watt 1-Ohm American Bass Amp in a Custom ported box, and a bass knob. Controlled through the stock touchscreen in the '12 Optima SX-T. And when I had the system installed the guy told me not to set my bass option above (0) because it could blow something and he actually had it set to (-2). It sounds good and hits pretty ******* hard, but if I set the bass option to like (+4) I feel like I will be able to get it to hit harder. But since I had it set at (+8) before the system, would I be safe in setting it to (+6) without blowing something? If you wouldn't mind elaborating on an answer if you are actually interested in helping, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Yeah, your best bet is to not care about what the output voltage is on your amp and boost the signal as much as you possibly can! Who cares if you burn your sub up when you can have ...

mmmmiiiiiiiinnnnnnddd beeeennnndddiiiinnngggg bassssssss??????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.