Where to put my subs in car? ** PICS **

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
First off (if it matters) i've got 2 of these http://dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_138 in a custom ported box....

Basically want it as loud as possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just got my box in today, and I should have this all and ready soon. Right now ive just got a HU and some 6x9s installed.

So, I can either put the subs in the back seat (back seat folds down)

or

I can put it in the trunk.

My car is a '73 Plymouth Duster. The back seat folds down, and then there is a little space behind the back seat, then another part folds down into the trunk. So If I open it all up, its pretty much a straight shot to the trunk. My 6x9s are up top of the back seat area.

EDIT - This is my daily driver, and I dont have tinted windows (maybe for christmas) so the subs are pretty exposed.

Anyways, maybe these pics will help:

100_0164.jpg

100_0170.jpg

100_0168.jpg

100_0165.jpg

100_0171.jpg

just make sure you secure the box somehow so you don't get nailed by the box if somebody rear-ends you.

if you want it as loud as possible, face it into the car like the first one and seal off the edges of the box from the trunk, thats what im doing and thats all ive heard about having the loudest subs in a trunk, just my .02 cents

wu501 - First option, your mean back seat? And good thinking w/ the secure box.

Also, I dont have tinted windows, the the subs will be pretty exposed.

But I guess if somebody is going to steal me, i guess it wont matter if it is in the trunk anyways?

if you want it as loud as possible, face it into the car like the first one and seal off the edges of the box from the trunk, thats what im doing and thats all ive heard about having the loudest subs in a trunk, just my .02 cents
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif You mean the second one? The first option and pics are of it in the back seat.

wu501 - First option, your mean back seat? And good thinking w/ the secure box.
Also, I dont have tinted windows, the the subs will be pretty exposed.

But I guess if somebody is going to steal me, i guess it wont matter if it is in the trunk anyways?
Well it will matter because if your parked no one will know if you have subs if the are in the trunk.

Get tinted windows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

third picture, thanks for the heads up
oh okay so back seat option. What do you mean by sealing it off from the trunk? There is a little door thing that folds up (in pic) from the trunk.

Well it will matter because if your parked no one will know if you have subs if the are in the trunk.
Get tinted windows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
yeah true. What I mean is that, if somebody knows I have subs, then having them in the trunk wont stop them. The old screwdriver + hammer on my trunk lock will work with ease.

yeah true. What I mean is that, if somebody knows I have subs, then having them in the trunk wont stop them. The old screwdriver + hammer on my trunk lock will work with ease.
True, that won't matter.

Get an alarm as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Found that out the hard way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Seems like the back seat option would be best, only thing I dont like is it being so exposed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.