SQL recommendations

Vega
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Chicago
Alright I pretty much got out of the whole car audio thing a couple of years ago and even then I was into SPL so go easy on me. Now I'm thinking of getting back in, his time around I'm going with a SQL setup with more emphasis on the SQ. I'm almost set on one sealed 12W7 with 2.20 feet of airspace in a hatchback. My question, what would rival a 12W7 in SQL in the same price range with the same 2.20 airspace sealed? I know the 12W7 goes for around $500 shipped so I want to know what else is out there thats similar quality. Keeping in mind I haven't looked into CA in a couple of years so I don't know whats new out there. That way I can reasearch all of my options before I make a move. Not trying to make a vs thread just trying to see what out there rivals the 12W7 in it's price range or less (i.e. Z06 is an alternative to a Viper etc).

Whoe those were some fast responses. Ok I'm going to look up every sub you guys list and go from there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Check into a Critical Mass UL12 neo if you want one of the best SQ subs ever made //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I run one in my Civic and it is very impressive...
Is that sub really $2000?

So far I'm really liking what I see in the FI Q and RD Aplha.

i hope someone mentioned the ssa icons, and the mach 5 ixl, even the re SE's definately deserve a look, there are so many good sound quality subs out you'll be happy no matter what you'll choose and you'll always wonder what the other ones sound like, so be prepared to buy and sell, buy and sell, not many people get it perfect the first time, and even if they do curiosity will get the better of them eventually

Uhm... most subs suggested in this thread would be eaten alive by a W7, when comparing them in sealed applications. Linear excursion will dominate the output potential, not power handling.

Uhm... most subs suggested in this thread would be eaten alive by a W7, when comparing them in sealed applications. Linear excursion will dominate the output potential, not power handling.
So which ones in your opinion wouldn't be eaten alive by a W7?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.