Where to find velcro to tie down sub?

i got these lil 1" velcro squares from Family Dollar to hold me the cover on my amp rack down with so it can be removable...then my box sits on it....depending on how much you need i have some left over you can have....PM me

Wal-mart for velcro, but you're best off to just get some L-brackets and use a few screws
Yeah Walmart sells some heavy duty velcro that's awesome...I used it to mount my crossovers inside my door panel, lol

Velcro'ing your sub box down, what a great idea. Not.
Man you are always so negative...I think you need to change your tampon or something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

If he's just worried about it sliding around, velcro will work fine...Will it hold the box in a crash? Doubt it

Man you are always so negative...I think you need to change your tampon or something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
If he's just worried about it sliding around, velcro will work fine...Will it hold the box in a crash? Doubt it
yeah...

Im negative when people suggest an install procedure that could end in a serious or fatal injury. This type of idea could turn a simple fender bender into a serious situation. Negative? Maybe. Concerned for the OP's health? Definitely.

I use to think Im a safe driver, so such things wont happen to me. A few days before my install was complete last year, a (very stupid) woman made a left turn into me, sending my truck head-first into a parked truck. The sub box, which was bolted down, broke in half (the wood split) and struck the seat, pried the seat bolts through the floor's sheet metal, and crumpled the seat into the dash. Two factors saved my life, the fact the 160lbs of subwoofers hadn't been installed yet, and the airbag pinned me, keeping the driver's side of the seat from folding into the dash and steering wheel. Im experienced at installing and even my bolted precautions were ineffective, in a ~30mph crash. Now, imagine if I had simply velcro'd the box down. Yes, that was an extended cab truck, and trunk cars are decided safer in this regard, but it still creates a potentially fatal problem. Bolt the damn box down, dont fuck around with velcro. Cutting corners on mounting the box down is just, well, naive.

Opinions noted...

The issue is that my floor has a mat and under that its not bare metal...so how could I install L brackets? I'm just looking into all my options.

My box is only secured by my seats holding it back. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I hope your seats are much stronger than audioholic's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.