Where do you mount your amps?

on a board

DSC01115.JPG

I wouldn't mount my amps sideways. They are supposed to be mounted flat. They have heatsinks inside and by mounting them sideways the heat would have to travel through the whole heatsink. Just my opinion.
Well actually, some amps work perfectly fine mounted side ways/vertical, just depends on how they're constructed. ED/hifonics have vents on either end just for that purpose. Just gotta read the manual and see whats ok and whats not.

Well actually, some amps work perfectly fine mounted side ways/vertical, just depends on how they're constructed. ED/hifonics have vents on either end just for that purpose. Just gotta read the manual and see whats ok and whats not.
Still yet the heat will still have to travel through the whole amp to get released. I bet in the manual it says that mounting them like that may cause the amp to run hotter.

Thanks for all the replys. I have power seats on both the driver and passenger side so there isn't enough room under the seats. I was thinking about mounting them to the back of the seats but i was worried about the overheating issue. And i can't really do a board in the trunk because i will need some trunk space left... Maybe i'll try some of those triangular pieces to hold the amps at a 45 degree angle.

i mount it on top of my car
so that rain can hit and rain plus electricity equals more power
You just use the water to conduct current, it saves you the cost of buying cables, what a brilliant idea!
This man is a genious.
not to mention the rain im sure must help with cooling, so it must be an all around good idea. lemme know how that works out for ya....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

not to mention the rain im sure must help with cooling, so it must be an all around good idea. lemme know how that works out for ya....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
i was gunna say that..

I wouldn't mount my amps sideways. They are supposed to be mounted flat. They have heatsinks inside and by mounting them sideways the heat would have to travel through the whole heatsink. Just my opinion.
dont be ignorant.

you can mount your amp upside down and it wouldnt make a difference. unless your amp heats like a freggin skillet - the extra 1 or 2 degrees wont make any difference at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.