Where do you guys mount your GPS antenna in your vehicle? Need feedback!

have fun with **** ass reception.

why do you think stock locations for gps, xm satellite radio, sirius, is outside the car, above the windshield, or on trunk cars, on the trunk?

this ensure top quality reception due to the fact the gps is unblocked, and connected to metal on the car that also improves reception....

mr fashion designer
X2 your signal is going to be crappy. It was made for being OUTSIDE the car. And your saying outside it looks tack it will look tacky as hell on your dash.

I have a pioneer premier avic f90bt so the same thing you have OP. I placed my antenna on the small metal sheet on top of my rear deck all the way to the drivers side to be as unnoticeable as possible have never had a problem with signal strength it has never even been week. Works perfect their.

the dash will be fine if you mount as far forward as you can so the roof doesn't block any reception to it.. I put mine on my roof it looks fine.. but my car is a black/silver theme and the antenna being black goes with it...
exactly what i meant- far foward on the dash so roof wont be blocking it

X2 your signal is going to be crappy. It was made for being OUTSIDE the car. And your saying outside it looks tack it will look tacky as hell on your dash.
naw, my dash is black so it sure will be blended in..

I have a pioneer premier avic f90bt so the same thing you have OP. I placed my antenna on the small metal sheet on top of my rear deck all the way to the drivers side to be as unnoticeable as possible have never had a problem with signal strength it has never even been week. Works perfect their.
I guess I ll just try testing it by putting the GPS on the dash see if I get good reception or not..

GPS is for *******, my friend cant even leave the ****ing block without using it.
LOL, I wont be like that for sure.. I use GPS for places that I dont know of.. or for road trips (college to home, vice versa)

Most GPS antennas these days work fine under the dash, provided no metal is blocking its view of the sky.

My vehicle has a roof mounted OE combo GPS/GSM antenna on it but it uses a Fakra/SMB connection while my Kenwood unit uses a HRS GT5 connector for the antenna. Finding an adapter proved nearly impossible and when I finally found one (a part used on some MB ML-class vehicles) MB dealers wanted to be retards about finding the part for me so I said "forget it" and just mounted the antenna under the dash as other people on a forum for my vehicle make suggested.

I have two vents in the centre of the dash (most vehicles are like this) and there was just enough space above them for me to use some 3M exterior double-sided tape to put the antenna on top of the ductwork for the vents, under the dash and above the HU.

Works fine, 3D accuracy usually within 3-6m with WAAS/EGNOS enabled. Would have been nice for me to use the existing rooftop antenna but it was too much hassle and i have no probs with it under the dash.

I have the Kenwood DNX-7100. Ran the wire up the A-pillar on the drivers side, tucked it along the front of the headliner and mounted the antenna on the inside of the windshield above/behind the rear view mirror. Always have excellent reception. Cant even tell its there unless your looking for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.