where did I go wrong????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mrbeatz

Michigan
OK, I've been out the car audio game for years. Anyways after having my Rockford Fosgate Power HX2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif for about 6 years I decided to switch it out for a Soundqubed hds3000. I took the necessary steps I thought by getting box built by a local guy to specs with an aero port. Long story short its been a month and sub stopped working. I was running this setup on my Sundown saz1000d @ 1 ohm.

I guess my questions are, which are noobish sorry but, how did I fry my sub?

I've had the big 3 done to my car, broke in sub for about a month, kept gain at half for the entire time.

Now I'll admit while riding with friends I turned the sub volume up on deck from the usual 4 to 7/8 well after the break in period I thought.

Can under powering a sub blow it?

When I took sub out of box I hooked it up to my multimeter and with it being a dual 2 ohm sub I got readings around 3.3 and after looking at the voice coil the wiring seems to be loose and inside the gap.

Before I order a new sub I just wanted some feedback on things to watch out for mainly any help would greatly be appreciated!

I have the sundown saz 1000d

you guys think they let me returns these //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

When I order a sub tomorrow i plan on either ordering an cheap oscope and following a few step by step guides or smd dd1 to set everything right.

if you guys have recommendations for scopes let me know

Im surprised to have my HX2 hold up so long with similar settings everything on amp is turned down but gain at half. I figured soundqubed would have the better product since its newer, old school car audio FTW

Anyone ever use fixmyspeaker I'm thinking instead of ordering a new sub and having this as a paper weight I can just send it to them and get a recone and maybe even beefed up. Would that make sense. I figured they probably charge me somewhere around 250 but hopefully cheaper since sub only worth 180

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.