where can I connect my black and yellow wires?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mcf57
10+ year member

I have a 2007 VW Passat with a JVC stereo I installed in it several years ago. I also hooked up a changer, SIRIUS (JVC SIR-1) tuner and bluetooth adapter to it. These all sit under the driver's seat and all has been working great.

I recently got a JVC KSSRA100 (along with a SIRIUSConnect tuner adapter) in order to upgrade the SIRIUS (get more stations). Unlike the SIR1 where it was a simple plug-n-play, this KSSRA100 requires me to hook up two wires for it to operate correctly. These are a black and a yellow wire.

From what i can tell, the black wire is for ground. The yellow wire is then for constant power. It was recommended that I hook these up behind the head unit. The black & yellow wires are only about 12 inches and since I want to put this under the driver seat, they won't normally reach the head unit (unless I add an extenstion).

Is there maybe some other options to install these wires (especially the yellow wire)? Like maybe directly to the VW fuse box? Or maybe somewhere else?

yes, seats are powered. IF I do "extend" the wire, do I simply tie into the exisiting yellow/black connection on the back of the JVC receiver (between receiver and wire harness adapter) and have 3 wires connected for yellow, 3 for black?

the power seat is constant on. 30 amp circuit which is wayyy more then that device uses. you can find the hot wire under the seam and ground the black

can I easily tap into the power seat yellow wire? Maybe some sort of alligator style clip? Or do I have to cut it and splice them all back together? I'm just afraid of cutting something and then not being able to get the seat to function properly somehow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.