Where can I buy 5000 watt Orion black coil recone kits, not the 4,000 watts

Participant count
  • Participant list
Anyone know where I can buy 2 Orion hcca dual 2 ohm 12" black coil recone kits?? HCCA 122RK is the model number. I can't find them anywhere online except the Orion website and they don't actually sell anything on there and their closed Sunday.
Email them.

Hmm better off rebuilding yourself with pe coils, orion has gone to sh*t even more so lately, black coils s*ck too unless you enjoy the forever smell of glue

Its sensored the word s u c k wtf is vertical scope doing.

Hmm better off rebuilding yourself with pe coils, orion has gone to sh*t even more so lately, black coils s*ck too unless you enjoy the forever smell of glue
Its sensored the word s u c k wtf is vertical scope doing.
I was happy with the woofers. I put 3,500 watts to each one and it took 25 minutes for them to blow (I didn't realize the wattage I was putting to them). Is there recones that are louder and sound better that arnt made by Orion?

Lol......

I was happy with the woofers. I put 3,500 watts to each one and it took 25 minutes for them to blow (I didn't realize the wattage I was putting to them). Is there recones that are louder and sound better that arnt made by Orion?

Only Orion makes Orion recones. They are the most simple recones ever and require no glue. Are you sure you weren't clipping them?

Also do you know if there's really a difference between the black coil and copper? I bought a copper recone kit and the only difference I see is some sort of black coating on the coil.

How can I tell if I was clipping them? Wouldn't 1,000 watts over specs fry them?
They won't take half of their rated power realistically. Without tapping new bolt holes and replacing frames you won't easily recone them with aftermarket parts either.

They won't take half of their rated power realistically. Without tapping new bolt holes and replacing frames you won't easily recone them with aftermarket parts either.
This is my first set up and these took a third more than what they're rated for for 3 months.

This is my first set up and these took a third more than what they're rated for for 3 months.
DSC06731.jpg

If you say so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JonM

JonM
Columbus Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Papermaker85