Where are all of the clean, stealth, factory looking installs???

i thought my last setup was decently clean

clean.jpg

I think the OP is questioning the finish of the installs, not anything else. I think it is just understanding different tastes. Some people could care less about finished products (my current state on my audio install since I am saving right now for the finished product) while others are looking for show quality. As was said by someone prior, SPL guys are constantly changing ports, orientation, yada yada yada....and then there are the SQ guys doing the same with a different goal in mind. For me, I'm not interested in either, just a compromise of the two and a nice looking final product.

As for the OP's install, I think it looks nice as far as "finish" goes. Is it my taste? no, but it looks complete, not like someone took some equipment and threw it in the back of his car (like my first install, never forget that).

I haven't seen much of him lately, but there was a cat named Bing that did some awesome installs and used to post them like every other month. Haven't seen him for a while. He was one of the best "finish" installers I ever saw.....

install looks nice. I myself love stealth or neat looking installs. I just hate that I dont have the skills to create one. Most of these guys on here do, but like they said. they swap out their gear so often that it wouldnt make sense to do so. because let say you made that lay out for 2 12" type R's, let say if you want 2 12" RD HW now to upgrade and 2 1500d to run them. now what? you have to do it all over. now think about doing that 2-3 times a year (which is the amount of times that most ppl swap out equipment here)..
Lol, i only had my first set-up for 2 months.

That doesnt look factory at all but it does look pretty clean. I honestly think speaker grills would make it look a lot better.

Uh, I am NOT into SPL and I often swap out gear!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Same here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Did I mention op's equipment was cheap? and the install isnt "stealth" or factory looking at all?
did i mention i think youre a scammer??? thats why i didnt buy your amps???? and your amps dont cost any more than this guys here....

meh been through 4 setups in this year alone. think ill actually make this next set up look good and not worry about competing in a DD

Couldnt even tell ya how many times I changed, rebuilt, changed the rebuild etc.. In this past yr alone. Everytime I think I got something right and I think of making it look pretty I go and change it.

As far as the rest of my set up it does look factory and you dont see any wires throughout the cabin.

I don't keep gear long enough to make my install look "nice". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Every single time I say that's it, I am not going to change anything... I change something.
This

Maybe one day i will decide its enough and make it look purty untill then im stickin with my non carpeted boxes

100_1214-2.jpg

How's that for stealth? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I see your wire. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.