Where are all of the clean, stealth, factory looking installs???

Spud2388
10+ year member

"The Spud-n-ator"
I dont know about yall, but it seems like everyone is all about getting loud and couldn't give 2 shits about how their setup looks. Maybe i'm in the wrong forum, but personally, I am a big fan of classy, clean, factory looking installs. Non of this build a box, spray paint it, and call it a day. But something that looks like there is some effort in it. Maybe some beauty plates to hide wiring, some imagination to make it flow with the interior..something. I think I did a decent job of making mine look legit... (and no, I'm not looking for an excuse to show off my stuff, just need some ideas)

IMG_0529.jpg

So what are some of yalls installs that have that extra time put into them? (I'm redoing my layout and going with a false floor and need some ideas).

Nice install you got there. I think I'm gonna build a center console for my truck to house my single 12". Not sure if its gonna work bc I need 2.0-2.5 @ 32 hz and I have a 6" aero. Gonna try and keep it as factory looking as possible. Then I wanna build some amp racks to mount on the back wall of my truck.

I dont know about yall, but it seems like everyone is all about getting loud and couldn't give 2 shits about how their setup looks. Maybe i'm in the wrong forum, but personally, I am a big fan of classy, clean, factory looking installs. Non of this build a box, spray paint it, and call it a day. But something that looks like there is some effort in it. Maybe some beauty plates to hide wiring, some imagination to make it flow with the interior..something. I think I did a decent job of making mine look legit... (and no, I'm not looking for an excuse to show off my stuff, just need some ideas)
IMG_0529.jpg

So what are some of yalls installs that have that extra time put into them? (I'm redoing my layout and going with a false floor and need some ideas).
I personally think your install looks like **** actually, layout looks pretty bad to me, doesnt flow with the interior at all really, cheap equipment. Oh but hey, you cut 4 pieces of wood and carpetted them!!! Good for you!!

I personally think your install looks like **** actually, layout looks pretty bad to me, doesnt flow with the interior at all really, cheap equipment. Oh but hey, you cut 4 pieces of wood and carpetted them!!! Good for you!!
whoa dude! i never said any of the other installs look like ****. somebody needs to get laid i think.... i just said i think if you're gonna go through the trouble of building a box, you might as well make it look a little better than leaving it the awesome color of MDF. and yes, my equipment isn't the most top dollar, but like everyone says, the install is key.

I don't keep gear long enough to make my install look "nice". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Every single time I say that's it, I am not going to change anything... I change something.

what a douche

and yes, my equipment isn't the most top dollar, but like everyone says, the install is key.
ehh.. Think you're mis-interpreting that line. It refers to debeez.

Exhibit A: you could have 10000 watts and only do a 145 on meter.

Exhibit B: you could have 1000 watts and do a 148 on the meter.

Looks great but get some better chits if you're looking for approval here

install looks nice. I myself love stealth or neat looking installs. I just hate that I dont have the skills to create one. Most of these guys on here do, but like they said. they swap out their gear so often that it wouldnt make sense to do so. because let say you made that lay out for 2 12" type R's, let say if you want 2 12" RD HW now to upgrade and 2 1500d to run them. now what? you have to do it all over. now think about doing that 2-3 times a year (which is the amount of times that most ppl swap out equipment here)..

Go take some prozac and please be quiet. No one asked you to talk **** about his equipment and it isn't cheap at all. Just because it isn't obscure like RD or Cascade or RE or Fi or Sundown doesn't mean that it's cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Spud2388

10+ year member
"The Spud-n-ator"
Spud2388
Iron Station, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date