When did car audio die?

car audio suspiciously died soon after music on the radio started to ****.
Strange how that happened.

Honestly, I'm just getting into it, but it amazes me on how many people just have absolutely no clue, don't care, and all that. They assume a bose system is the best, they're absolutely impressed with the bass from a pair of 6x9's in the back of an impala, they don't know a **** thing about any of it. It has kind of died... The only people I see rolling with a system around have Sony Xplodes and sometimes a decent infinity sub. Typically they'll quote me the max power, saying it handles 2k watts, they're subs can handle up to 3k, when in reality it's all under 400 RMS for two subs. Especially when it's wired with 8 gauge wire.

It's absolutely pathetic.

they wouldn't sell it, if we didn't buy it. those brands must make the most money, which a business will take advantage of.
Most people don't know of any other brands. They assume that top quality best buy is top quality period.

That's the problem. No advertisement for other, good brands.

It sickens me...I hear NO systems bumping here in vegas...IDK if its because the cops LOVEEEE to give you tickets or because its dead out here... I know there are forum members that live in vegas (TeamPSI, etc)...just havent run into them yet...haha

Sayin it cause he cant be contacted on here to act as a reference.
lmao.

A ref list is just a long list of people's name they've done business with. No one actually vouches for anyone else, unless that person is a complete noob with like 3 posts.

AKA Long Ref list = Big E-Peen.

A long long time ago

I can still remember how that music used to make me smile

And I knew if I had my chance

That I could make those people dance

And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver

With every paper I'd deliver

Bad news on the doorstep

I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried

When I read about his widowed bride

But something touched me deep inside

The day the music died

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

When did car audio die?Can anyone tell me the exact year, month, day it happened?

When did hundreds of IASCA and USAC sound off competitors all over the country stop

building there awesome SQ and SPL systems, and retire from the scene altogether?

When did the next generation of competitors give up the dream of winning 1st place

at the IASCA finals?
They're still out there, but cross-country trips to chase points are harder to do when gas was in the $2/$3 territory.

When did the car audio companies I loved in the 80s & 90s layoff all there employees

and lock there doors for the last time? When did Orion, Soundstream, linear Power,

Lanzar, PPI and others go out of business and sale there good names to some

big conglomerate, that turned there fine U.S. made high-end audiophile gear into cheap

junk made in China?
There's still a couple producing things here in the US (and Europe), but the 12V market by and large doesn't support the kind of overhead needed to make the cost-is-no-object products.

That being said, the Korean OEM's can turn out a nice product. China still needs some work...

When did all my favorite Car audio magazines go out of business, what day did that happen?

Where is Auto Sound& security, Car Stereo Review, Carsound?

When did Car Audio&Electronics go from 130 pages, to 80 pages? When did all the installs

featured become Demo vehicles or rich celerity's rides?
Replaced by the Internet.

Please tell me how 5000 watt multi 12" subs, all out, balls to the walls systems got replaced

with wimpy factory wantabe Infinity,JBL, Bose cookie cutter, my system is the exact same as yours

systems?
It just turned into the 5000 watt cookie-cutter system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

When did car audio die?Can anyone tell me the exact year, month, day it happened?

When did hundreds of IASCA and USAC sound off competitors all over the country stop

building there awesome SQ and SPL systems, and retire from the scene altogether?

When did the next generation of competitors give up the dream of winning 1st place

at the IASCA finals?

When did the car audio companies I loved in the 80s & 90s layoff all there employees

and lock there doors for the last time? When did Orion, Soundstream, linear Power,

Lanzar, PPI and others go out of business and sale there good names to some

big conglomerate, that turned there fine U.S. made high-end audiophile gear into cheap

junk made in China?

When did all my favorite Car audio magazines go out of business, what day did that happen?

Where is Auto Sound& security, Car Stereo Review, Carsound?

When did Car Audio&Electronics go from 130 pages, to 80 pages? When did all the installs

featured become Demo vehicles or rich celerity's rides?

Please tell me how 5000 watt multi 12" subs, all out, balls to the walls systems got replaced

with wimpy factory wantabe Infinity,JBL, Bose cookie cutter, my system is the exact same as yours

systems?

Please help me, when did car audio die? was I asleep when it happened, or is it all just a bad dream

and I'll wake up Christmas morning with a brand new PPI ProMos 450, Soundstream Class A 10.0,

or a chromed RockFord Fosagate Punch 500m under the tree.
If not dead then it is withering away to a fraction of what it once was.

Your post brought a tear to my eye.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

lmao.A ref list is just a long list of people's name they've done business with. No one actually vouches for anyone else, unless that person is a complete noob with like 3 posts.

AKA Long Ref list = Big E-Peen.
I checked poeple out, but according to your post, we can just put a bunch of people names down and no one will question it. Great way to build up your rep with B.S. refs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.