will 2 re se's drown out vocals?

You left out what your front stage consists of. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But going on the average setup, yes a pair of solid 12's generally can drown out most car audio front stages. But, this doesn't mean they have too. Overkill is a good thing, turn them down and call it headroom.

well if you not upgrading your factory highs and amping the highs, its not going to take much to drown them out. if your using stock speakers and or using hu to power highs then i would suggest you go with a low powered 10 or 12. if you want to add more bass then i would suggest sticking with the r's for a bit and upgrading your highs and amp them.

don't forget that what you hear from the camera's mic in the youtube vid may not actually be what it sounds like in the car
true, the bass will distort the camera's mic. when im building a system, i work from front to back hu, highs, amps, then subs or i buy everything and then do the install once i have everything i need.

don't forget that what you hear from the camera's mic in the youtube vid may not actually be what it sounds like in the car
Yeah right. And I suppose next you are gonna tell us that youtube videos are a poor way of auditioning speakers.
On a side tangent, has anyone tried out those new "high definition" sun glasses yet? Im excited to get a pair and see what Ive been missing all these years.

Yeah right. And I suppose next you are gonna tell us that youtube videos are a poor way of auditioning speakers.
On a side tangent, has anyone tried out those new "high definition" sun glasses yet? Im excited to get a pair and see what Ive been missing all these years.
I would never say such a thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.