wheel locks

Participant count
  • Participant list

HungNeckTight
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Newark DE
i figure wheel locks arnt that expencive so might as well get some.

but my worry is i hear storys about keys striping out, the locks getting rounded out from cheap manafacturing ect...

not to mention that most wheel locks are be taken off with a gator grip or a easy out. i want to know what locks are liget.

if you can remove one with a gator grip, then it wasn't tight enough in the first place and whomever told you that is an id10T who shouldn't be working on cars:fyi:

and most of the time when they get stripped it is because of user error. The key must be held in straight or it will slip to the side and remove half of the lock.

Now things to look for include materials and sidewall thickness(of the lock itself)

if you get a set don't go to walmart for any tire related issues. i had them fix a flat and they stripped the lock. they had to buy me a new set

gorilla lock system is what i use.. u get them at discount tire and they run about 60.00 for a complete set.. each lugnut is a lock and i guarntee these wont come off by a thief.. unless he had maybe a week or so to get off 24 locks..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.