What's wrong with this sub?

AJM511
10+ year member

Chill as a Cucumber
MY friend got 2 12" kenwood kfc-w3012's installed in his bronco. He uses a crunch 1600.4 amp bridged at 400rms each. So apparently he was playing some loud music, and the right sub just suddenly went quiet. It still vibrate, and makes noise, but about at 1/4 of the volume of the other sub. What's the problem?

On the sub? Is that to check if the voice coil is damaged?

@Phoenix, its 4 channels bridged to two channels, and each sub is on 1 channel

It will tell you if you have a bad sub or if you have a wiring issue. You can also give the center of the cone a little push(lightly) and if it feels tight, grinding, or makes noise...it is a bad coil. Could have also burnt out the leads as well.

it sounds like one of the channels on you amp is going out. also make sure you check your gains and low bass is set the same on the pairs of channels.

and pull the sub in question out of the box and make sure that both coils are connected and that one didnt come loose.

it sounds like your buddy needs to take his cheap a$$ to the classifieds section... and get some MUCH nicer new gear... like maybe some audiobahns.. and a REALLY nice power acoustic amp.. thread :/

OP: it could be anything.. description is to vague to be of any use

it sounds like your buddy needs to take his cheap a$$ to the classifieds section... and get some MUCH nicer new gear... like maybe some audiobahns.. and a REALLY nice power acoustic amp.. thread :/
OP: it could be anything.. description is to vague to be of any use
Why not give some helpful advise?

I had a pair of these before and this same thing happened to me.

Turns out one of the terminal connector things in the back popped out lol

P.S I loooooved those subs! They rattled windows with my KAC-9105d

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.