What's up with these comps?

That is a great deal on those. Even on ebay they bring more money new I IIRC they where around $500 or so when you could by these new when they were made by Alpine. Those are about as new as they get.

If you want some great comps. on a budget those are some.IMO

I would see if you could work out a price deal on them get them down a little closer to where you want to be.

That is a great deal on those. Even on ebay they bring more money new I IIRC they where around $500 or so when you could by these new when they were made by Alpine. Those are about as new as they get.
If you want some great comps. on a budget those are some.IMO

I would see if you could work out a price deal on them get them down a little closer to where you want to be.
So their really that much better than the MM6's or those Pioneers?

Thanks again for the help

Yes. Do a search around here or over there on DIYMA read some stuff about them. You should be able to google them and get a bunch of info also. There are reviews of them on DIYMA I know and I am sure there are more across the web.

Just saying they are def. worth your time to check out.

I am not even sure he even has them anymore they may have sold once he put them on ebay. If not you might even be able to snag them super cheap on there.

Cool

Thanks for all the help

However I noticed that those speakers aren't the same one's as the guy was selling on DIY. But if their good then their good, hopefully no one else reads this thread and sees those speakers:sneaky:

Yes you are correct those are the 177A series.

Just trying to help out. I know buying comps. is can be a huge pain the a**. We all have opinions on ton's of different stuff and people may not like what others like.

To bad you cannot listen to some of these before you buy, which is an issue for about 99% of everyone it seems.

Will you like or love these I have no clue. Are they a quality speaker that sound good IMO yes.

Keep it coming! I really do appreciate all the input

However one thing I noticed is a general concensus of the Alpine comp's having a real lack of mid-bass. This could be a bit of a problem as I listen to alot of rap and hip-hop music and mid-bass is a must for me

On the other hand I hear that the MM6's have a LOT of mid-bass. One of the main reason's I was attracted to the set in th first place. It would be nice to listen all these before I buy:crap:

I can give a full report once I get mine in. But from what I been reading about they preform rather well. Only grip is the mounting depth.

I can give a full report once I get mine in. But from what I been reading about they preform rather well. Only grip is the mounting depth.
Cool let me know what you think once you get them installed (hopefully soon)

Still open to other suggestions

i have the 177r and love em. amazing sound. but like most have said they are a little lacking on the midbass response. with a properly tuned system including the sub you will be very happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.