What's this called

i wonder if he blows some smoke back in then superglues the crack in the mosfet would fix the issue. Sacrificing the requisite chicken whilst doing so might help too

Nope. The dragons they use to make the smoke are only found in China.

Nope. The dragons they use to make the smoke are only found in China.
dang, worth a shot tho LoL i wonder if the OP is finding any humor in these jokes. I hope so, cuz i think theyve been funny as hell!!! But then again, im not the one sitting on a blewdid up amp

Y'all some funny mf's, it's the only part that's burned so I'll give it a shot at fixing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is highly probable other components are broken but do not look obviously burnt or broken. It is actually uncommon for things to look obviously burned when they go down.

If you're dead set on trying this, read this thread a couple times:

Toasted mosfets: Anything else? - diyAudio

Seems a good primer on the subject.

It is highly probable other components are broken but do not look obviously burnt or broken. It is actually uncommon for things to look obviously burned when they go down.

If you're dead set on trying this, read this thread a couple times:

Toasted mosfets: Anything else? - diyAudio

Seems a good primer on the subject.
I repaired a few hundreds of abused like that amplifiers, it`s always power supply mosfet Or shorted output transistor. which is not the case of this one. Linked diyaudio thread is good for newbies to learn repair technique.

I repaired a few hundreds of abused like that amplifiers, it`s always power supply mosfet Or shorted output transistor. which is not the case of this one. Linked diyaudio thread is good for newbies to learn repair technique.
i have a PC2200 that wont power on and id love to see it working again without spending a ton on it as theyre very reasonably priced used nowadays. I just get overwhelmed when i take the back plate off. It never fried or anything, it just got put away for a while and worked when i took it out, but wont power on now. I also have a pc250 and it works fine, and ive plugged the 2200 in with the same wires, no dice. Its a pretty chrome one too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i have a PC2200 that wont power on and id love to see it working again without spending a ton on it as theyre very reasonably priced used nowadays. I just get overwhelmed when i take the back plate off. It never fried or anything, it just got put away for a while and worked when i took it out, but wont power on now. I also have a pc250 and it works fine, and ive plugged the 2200 in with the same wires, no dice. Its a pretty chrome one too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Electronics often burned down on disconnect, more often than powering on. usually something really easy. I never seen an amp burning not obtainable part like proprietary transformer. every discontinued bipolar. No dice as no powering up? what about fuses? are they burnt?

Electronics often burned down on disconnect, more often than powering on. usually something really easy. I never seen an amp burning not obtainable part like proprietary transformer. every discontinued bipolar. No dice as no powering up? what about fuses? are they burnt?
yeah, no dice as in no power light and no audio output. i wasnt aware that disconnecting had such risks too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

ill have to crack it open again, i went thru my phone and found the pics of the outside, but no guts pics. I did however find tons of pics of my dog and the trip to Romania from a few weeks ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif not that this helps at all LOL

yeah, no dice as in no power light and no audio output. i wasnt aware that disconnecting had such risks too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gifill have to crack it open again, i went thru my phone and found the pics of the outside, but no guts pics. I did however find tons of pics of my dog and the trip to Romania from a few weeks ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif not that this helps at all LOL
turn-on circuit might have a faulty capacitor, possibly. that was such the case with an old orion 2500 i forked out 300 bucks for.... now i do my own diagnostics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.