Participant count
  • Participant list

psylo535
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
tampa,fl.
Can someone help me out here, I have a box for 2-10"s and this is the specs :

outside dimensions are 44 x 14 x 14

Port is 3 x12.5 port length is first piece 9.5 x 12.5 and then it turns 11 x 12.5

The subs and bracing come out to .32 I thought it would be tuned around 32-33 but it sounds a little boomy like its tuned higher. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yeah, it's 3/4" birch and I used torres also. 2 common port walls and single baffle for now. Got another baffle made but it wont add anything as it will be recessed subs. Wonder if I could add length to the port to tune it down. Really don't want to build again

Yeah, it's 3/4" birch and I used torres also. 2 common port walls and single baffle for now. Got another baffle made but it wont add anything as it will be recessed subs. Wonder if I could add length to the port to tune it down. Really don't want to build again
Side slot port utilizes 3 common walls not 2. You could add to the rear port to tune lower but it will drop your net cubes. You could also invert the subs and it will drop tuning some.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You could try inverting the subs to reduce the displaced volume. You could length to the port inside to drop the tuning if you can spare some net volume. If you add it to the outside you can drop the tuning without any drawbacks other than it looking odd and needing more room to fit it.

The box is sub and port up. I text you last week ccstang for a design but your arm is still a mess. I gave it my best shot. I've tried 3 guys from this site to build and the other 2 just keep blowing me off

Well I added 7" to the port and the box sounds worse. Very boomy and just not right. Guess this box is a fail unless someone has a suggestion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.