Whats the best 6x8 to go with

hunter081
10+ year member

Hi all, I have a single cab f150. All 4 speakers are 6x8 or 5x7 will fit. So im told. Anyways I have a pioneer double din last years model avh1400. I just want to do a remove factory speaker/replace with new.

1. whats the best to handle a little "not much" bass

2. whats the clearest that you can think of and has good hi's

3, all on a affordable budget. I really dont want walmart pioneer or ebay kickers but beggers cant be chosers when your not looking to drop a whole bank account on the best stuff.

4. also will the head deck be strong enough or do I really need to get an additional amp to power them. I really wish I could get a componet set with the crossovers and tweeters. But in 6x8 I dont know if they make that.

People please understand im somewhat new to car audio and asking truthfully because I dont know squat about car audio. so please be kind. Questions like these is why I signed up for this forum. Thanks everyone

mb quartz convertible components ,use them as separates in the front and coaxials on the rear..i just did a f250 on sat ,and we cut the front holes for 6x9 components .

all depending on if you want to add an amp i would go with 6.5's in the front

Cadence CS2 65K 240 Watt Peak 6 5 inch 2 Way Speaker Component Kit | eBay

something like this is an inexpensive component that needs little power

or if you want to go a little better something like

Boston Acoustics S60 6 5" Car Speaker System w Seperate Tweeters and Crossovers 090283357281 | eBay

for the rear fill you cant beat

Aura 5700RPM 5" x 7" 2-way Coaxial Speaker Pair 269-182

neo magnet, i put 4 of these in my dads mini van and they sound great on a stock radio really the best bang for buck and clear sounding with nice bass output

you could do like i did and just put 4 of these on the headunit, i liked the way they sounded and very efficient.

Best Kits BKUSB60 Car Speaker Adaptor Plates 5 1 4" 6 1 2" to 6"x 8" 6"x 9" | eBay

if you went with the components you would need adapter plates

but the more i think about it the aura are amazing speakers on little power i was really surprised with he 4 of them

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=269-182

and 2 get a neo magnet speaker for under 50 bucks and if you buy both sets its free shipping so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I really think he's looking for something simple that'll just drop in. He's new so I highly doubt he want to go through all the work it sometimes takes to put in components.

Edit...Blah, just read #4 .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.