Whats the best 6.5" comps I can get for $100.00,give or take?

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Need something to hold me off til I can make all these descisions before going active. Dont have any speakers in the car right now and its killin me. Got 100x2@4ohms and need the best comps i can get for the price mentioned. Ill go a lil over $100.00 but not much because im sure ill end up selling them later on Also can bridge my amp for 200x2@4ohms

Got the Crescendo comps in today. Ill post some pics of them and ride around this weekend end once i install them and give a review.

yes, please. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on buying the crescendo comps.. But just waiting on some reviewwwww...

ok guys, here goes. I just installed a set of the Crescendo comps. Heres a few pics. Camera phone pics are crappy but oh well.

SSPX0385.jpg

SSPX0386.jpg

SSPX0390.jpg

SSPX0389.jpg

Ok, heres my h/u which is a Pioneer FH-P8000BT:

SSPX0392.jpg

Car is a 2002 Maxima. Heres my doors:

SSPX0391.jpg

Deadened about 70% with a baffles mounted for moisture issues and the green you see is foam pad installed.I cut the bottom of the baffles out. Amp is an older Mtx RT4340 which is rated at 70x4. Birthsheet reads 81x4@4ohms @12.5volts. So im assuming the comps are seeing around 90watts off channels 1 and 2. I am giving MY opinion based upon previous setups that I have had in the past.

Amp is set to full pass and h/u is set to 100hz high pass. Amp is between 1/4 and 1/2 on the gain. Physically looking at them, in my mind, the cone was well made, surround wasnt nothing impressive. Tweets looked nice but the wires did not seem to be soldered on to well. The push terminals on the mids are a plus as far as easy installation, but dont appy too much pressure to them. Xovers seem to be pretty decent. Played some Usher, B.B. King, and then some Drake. Honestly, the first 5 minutes, i was like:(, but then,i started to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I have took my door panels off about 7 times auditioning different speakers and was really tired of tryin to find what i was lookin for. In that small amount of time, i swear, the sound of these comps changed dramatically. I had to adjust my amp because I was currently running a set of Pioneer Revs in the front doors as well as the rears. Turned my amp up a lil and that was all they needed. B. B. King sounded as if he was sitting on my lap with his guitar,lol. Suonded nice. Usher was ok imo but the music was nice. Put on Drake,song had some nice tweet in it. Tweets are the best part of this comp set.

I really love the tweets in this set. They are better are better than the cdt tweets that i previous had. With the Pioneers Revs(which were coaxials) I was gonna install a seperate set of tweets, but theres no need for that now. Xovers can be set to 0 or -3 and they are set to 0 right now. I really like these tweets. Midbass is lacking to be honest. I mean, its there on some songs but compared to my Cdt hd-62's.(which were beastly) I'd give midbass a 6/6.5 out of 10. Vocals are nice. Clean and loud. These comps do get decently loud. And thats alot coming from me. I let my buddy listen to them and he thought they were sooo loud and clean. And thats coming from a guy that has a pretty nice front stage himself. My speaker location is in the bottom doors. I think that if u have a speaker location in the middle or high up in doors, these comps would keep up with just about anything out there. Not running a sub yet but will be installing it tomorrow. Just an Infinity 1230 12" ported in 2@32hz to make the system complete.Like I said guys, just my opinion. But, for 99.00 shipped, this is one heck of a deal. Anyone looking for some budget comps, these are the way to go. I will continue to play them all weekend and give another review in about a week.

Nice review. I think the mids will sound better with a little break-in time. I do not think there is too much out there that sound as good as those in that price range.

Nice review. I think the mids will sound better with a little break-in time. I do not think there is too much out there that sound as good as those in that price range.
I agree man. Nice comps for the money. Wish I could compare them to the PG Rsd's but never heard em.

Awesome review Ridinhi!!

Just from reading this review, I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase a set of these myself by the way you reviewed them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

How much was the total shipped to your door step?

Thanks!

Awesome review Ridinhi!!Just from reading this review, I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase a set of these myself by the way you reviewed them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

How much was the total shipped to your door step?

Thanks!
$99.00 shipped with paypal!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.