whats sony's game plan?

i dont really understand sony's strategy in past few years.
they seem to actively alienate themselves from quality in every prduct category they make.

from what i remember back in 95 sony used to be one of the top quality home audio.

now itsa mainly wallmart brand.

they make shitty laptops

cheap flashy home stereos and bomboxes

crappy phones

they were almost kicked out of the contract with ericsson after the experia.

they shrunk their cell phone like to almost nothing.

most of the carriers dont have sony cellphones

walkman brand is probably the only thing saving them from crash right now...

their car audio lineup is also a joke...

the 500 speakers with ribbon tweeters? we had 2 pairs of those and the dust cap fell off on both pairs and then tweeters burned out...

can anyoen explain to me whats goin on with sony? did they get alzheimer's disease as a company or something?

Do you know how popular the Xplods are with non-enthusiasts?

'nuff said.

People who don't know better love their stuff

Meh nothing wrong with reinforcement.
I'll be the second to reinforce that statement.

Sony TV's are among the best rated in consumer reports.Idk if they persoanlly sponser those surveys but they are. And nearly every house i walk into has a sony big screen HDTV so they do have that along with PSP/PS3
Consumer reports is generally full of sh*t because the average consumer doesn't know anything. However, to relate to the previously twice reinforced statement, they do make some high end stuff. On average, with electronics, you get what you pay for, at least with main stream consumer products.

Ok they def don't have sh!!ty laptops. They are actually the best ones you can get next too IBMs.

Shows how much you know about tech. Although. yes, their car and home audio is quite poop. Their TVs are still not bad. and their cameras are ok.

I'll say this, if you buy cheap Sony products they will preform like cheap Sony products.

I've had a lot of Sony computers and they have outlasted many Dell or Acer computers.

Sony cans are pretty kick ass. Ever heard of an MDR-7506 or MDR-V6? Some of the most popular, durable, and great sounding mixing/road/music cans out there and I've tried a lot of cans. I've had a **** load of earbuds too and I love my Sony MDR-EX90LP. I usually go through earbuds yearly but I've had these for almost 2 years.

Their TVs are very high quality, unless you buy the **** low line ones. The ES line of HT equipment is very high quality as well.

Oh and ever hear of the PS3? Or Blue-Ray?

Why don't they make good car audio gear anymore? No room for quality in a quantity market. Basically, most of the market is filled with pimpled faced 16 year old teens who know nothing about anything.

Indeed. the v6s, and the 7506's, which are the same thing basicly, are some of my favorite cans for under 100. Absolutely love them. my beyerdynamic770s are obviously better, but more than twice the price tag, and even then, the sonys sound better than the 770s while not being amped. Like mentioned, sony makes great stuff. They set the standard for headphones, they make nice laptops, ps3,psp, ect.

All I know is that I have had my PS3 break 2 times, my PS2 break 2 times, my cousins PS2 break, my sony TV break. I also owned a sony amp for a short time (very short) and it was the worst amp I have ever used. Much worse than the Lanzar amp I traded for it.

So pretty much I am not buying sony any longer. After my PS3 broke twice in a year and a half and sony would not fix it I gave up.

I do have some sony home audio products that are about 8-9 years old that are pretty good though...

All I know is that I have had my PS3 break 2 times, my PS2 break 2 times, my cousins PS2 break, my sony TV break. I also owned a sony amp for a short time (very short) and it was the worst amp I have ever used. Much worse than the Lanzar amp I traded for it.
So pretty much I am not buying sony any longer. After my PS3 broke twice in a year and a half and sony would not fix it I gave up.

I do have some sony home audio products that are about 8-9 years old that are pretty good though...
Wait wait wait. Your crying because you "ps3" broke twice a year? HA, Try owning an xbox360 kid. And having to pay for the box and packing crap for ur first xbox sent out. And you prob just had bad luck, I been using Sony TVs my whole life. If one broke chances are u had an obv defect or you got a clone higghest bidder TV.

Without reading the article, I'd say Sony is doing pretty good in the videogame industry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
No, they are actually doing pretty poorly there. The PS3 is a distant third in sales to the Wii and Xbox360 and has been since the day it launched. The PS3 actually came close to killing Sony at one point, they were teetering near bankruptcy before the sales finally picked up to a somewhat respectable, though still poor number.

As for Sony I have found them to be very polar in quality. Their low end stuff, the things you would find at Wal-Mart and Best Buy is for the most part complete ****, save for some of the TVs BB carries of theirs. Their high end components however, their ES line of audio components and XBR line of TVs for example are some of the best around. The ES line competes easily with things like Pioneer Elite, Denon, Marantz, Harman Kardon etc in the audio market and their XBR TVs are right up their with the best from Samsung, Toshiba, Mitsubishi etc. All in all I would still buy Sony stuff, just not the **** they carry at Wal-Mart and nothing they currently manufacture for the car.

from my experience

Sony made in Japan has a higher quality then Sony made in the USA.

Example: TY i got 15 years ago made in japan on the back still going strong with great color and Ty i got 5 years ago made in USA on the back the colors are fading and repaired it twice now.

sony makes mainstream stuff that people buy, and people do buy them and the company makes money.

quantity ($)

over

quality ($$$)

= $$$$$$

I disagree with Sony being crap. Well maybe their car audio is, but its not expensive, so for the price, it is what it is. For the other stuff, you have to pay for the good stuff. I have had 2 laptops in the last 7 years. I am a Gadjet person and have to have all the stuff. I upgrade my home comp every year to keep it the best I can get. But my laptops have both been Sony Vaios. I am in the military and my last Sony saw 3 deployments, and the one I am typing on now has seen 2 deployments. Everywhere I went, it was in my rucksack. And it took the abuse, the sand, the dirt and is still running perfect.

Like said, if you look at the low end Sony stuff, its crap, but so is EVERYTHING else in its categories. But if your willing to pay, their higher end stuff is good stuff.

I also own a PS3 and a xbox360. I love my PS3, not so much the 360.

Ever hear abotu all the red rings of death on the 360? How many do you hear about on the PS3?

Compare stuff fairly, not just on, it failed. Best example is PS3/360. Look past what performs better, what you like better and compare how often they crap out. The SONY DESTROYS MICROSOFT!!!

No, they are actually doing pretty poorly there. The PS3 is a distant third in sales to the Wii and Xbox360 and has been since the day it launched. The PS3 actually came close to killing Sony at one point, they were teetering near bankruptcy before the sales finally picked up to a somewhat respectable, though still poor number.
But this has nothing to do with the thread. The OP was talking about quality. The 360 beating the PS3 has nothing to do with quality, its personal preference of the buyers. More 360's are dieing than PS3's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.