What's a good resistor for my tweeter setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
Running Jbl p26t active my setup now I believe cuts off around 7-8 and I belueve 12db but if I wanted to cut just a little more if they still sound harsh what's a good resistor that won't take to much out and also won't lower volume to much?

look at the crossover for the wattage rating and values used - simply match as needed for additional attenuation - will be wired in series).

ideally you'd just swap one of the resistors for a higher attenuation value.

ceramic resistors are used.

open up the capacitor and you'll see ceramic resistors (white rectangles with two leads). on them will be an impedance and wattage ratings.

set-de-medios-jbl-5-14-gto508c-165-watts-crossover-vv4-16360-MLM20118549123_062014-O.jpg

Here's crossover so what resistor would be good to help clean the tweets incase running active is to strong for them. Somethi that won't take to much sound or volume out.

sorry, i should have already said that if you want less volume, just turn the gain on the tweeter amp channels down. no resistor needed - running active gives you separate level control you can tailor to your install/preferences.

i suspect the 0dB uses the 2 ohm resistor and the -6dB uses the 5 ohm resistor. adding resistance to the output of the crossover will change the crossover point. let me look up the schematic for that crossover.

Didn't even need it sounds amazing without man this makes me wonder if this Jbl p660c set sounds this amazing to me at would a $600 set sound like does it just get better and better as price rises?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.