Subwoofer not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Baez

Evening! New to this community.

I had a Kenwood 12" sub along with an amp professionally installed about 2 years ago and it's been working great until last week. Now when the car starts and the centre console boots up, the sub thumps once like it's activating and then no sound comes from it afterwards.

Speakers and audio work fine aside from that. I've checked the rear wiring for any loose cables and there are none from what I can see.

Any probable causes I can look into?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Are the 2 subs the same subs? Do you have a multimeter and can check the resistance to make sure the sub is good? Mono amp or 2 channel amp...
Everyone I found the problem it's the RCA cables, I had my electrician mate have a look and he pulled one of the cords halfway out and the subs...
You said, "one of." How many do you have? I'm guessing that you are keeping the best one(s).
Google and Ebay are your friends. Froma quick search and providing these are like new, $2- $400 for the subs and $2- $400 for the amplifiers...

About this thread

Baez

Baez
Toronto
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Baez