Whatchyamacallit

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Recruit
Im curious what car audio brands are trustworthy and have AMAZING PERFORMANCE...

As a long time Basshead i was into the old school brands like Bazooka, Fosgate, MTX, Audiobaun, Phoenix Gold, and Crunch to name a few. But life happened and now getting back in the game I see some of the old brands are still around... but there's also alot of new players.

I'm wondering how these new players stand against the veterans. I still see forums talking about JL Audio and websites recommending MTX and Kicker, little 300W-500W subs. I went down a rabbit hole and found stuff like

American Bass
Cresendo
DC Audio
Skar Audio
Sundown Audio

Those seem to mentioned here and there. But if I found these there has to be more right? THERE DEFINITELY WAS!!!

I found some that I think are surely winners but I've not heard so I can only assume. Ill put some of my favorite finds below. How do these compare to the "popular" brands that's mentioned 9,000,000,000 times and why aren't some of these talked about more?

Avatar STU 1246 12" 3000W RMS 6000W Peak

This not only looks beautiful but also nice specs

B2 AUDIO
B2 Audio Rage XL 12" 2000W RMS 8000W Peak

B2 Audio Rampage 12" 3000W RMS 12000W Peak

I see these on a couple sites but I would think they would be more popular. Nice amps as well, if they do the power as rated.

Brutal Sounds
Brutal Sounds Big Brute v3 12" 2500W RMS

Brutal Sounds Mega Brute v1 15" 4000W RMS

Brutal Sounds MegaBrute v2 15" 4000W RMS

These guys, just by first impression, LOOK BRUTAL. Would you even have a car left after bumpin these?

DEAD GAME
Dead Game Huracan 12" 1500W RMS 3000W Peak

I like these and I've heard these. Definitely need some more spotlight IMO.

Now we are getting to my favorite finds....

Deaf Bonce

Deaf Bonce Hannibal 12" 1000W RMS 2000W Peak

Deaf Bonce Apocalypse

Now I like what I see from Deaf Bonce. The Hannibal seems like a great entry level or budget sub for the new basshead coming into game. And the Apocalypse, there's so many different varieties for every single budget. When you get to the higher end
Apocalypse subs, some seem just plain scary..... In a good way though. And the amps they make also seem GREAT. THE

DS18

DS18 Hooligan 12" 2000W RMS 4000 Peak

I might have started to get a lil excited when I saw this if you know what a mean. Its a beautiful site and with 2000W RMS and its crazy XMax, I'm sure watching this sub dance would make me dance with it. And again, the amps also look amazing.

INCRIMINATOR AUDIO

Incriminator Death Row 12" 1500W RMS

Incriminator Death Penalty 12" 2000W RMS

Incriminator Judge 12" 3000W RMS

Incriminator Warden 12" 3500W RMS

I don't know what it is exactly about this company, but I like them enough I feel like a criminal. (bad joke sorry haha). But being serious, I can't see anything not to love about any of these. Again. I have not heard these so I could be wrong, but I'm A fan.

Now to my favorite I think. Or at least one of my favs. I don't know how I can like a sub so much without ever even hearing it play...I know its crazy. But if go all in and not think twice. And I'm fairly confident I'd be very happy.

RESILIENT SOUNDS

Resilient sounds Platinum 12 2000W RMS 4000 Peak

They have a couple different subs which all seem pretty nice but I'm definitely stuck on the Platinum and for only around $500...

Here's a few more I found that I think should be in conversation more.

G2 Dynamics
Gately Audio
Ground Zero
Massive Audio
Memphis Audio
Rockville
Rouge Audio

Surprise find....I had to save this one for last. Not because I think its THE BEST... but because I couldn't find much about it. AND IT LOOKS PLAIN ANGRY. Its just massive looking. Really hope it sounds as good as it looks

Shok Industries

Shok Industries Titan 12" 3000W RMS

So who has experience with some of these? Am I way wrong and there is a reason other stuff is talked about and recommended more? Do old school brands really out perform these others. I need to know if any of my instincts on these are in the ballpark.

Also is there a diamond in the rough you have found. What's your hidden gem?

Welcome to the rabbit hole.
I haven’t played with every brand that you have listed, but you are on the right track.

I can tell you that at this point , other than a set of jbl coaxials I don’t use anything that is ‘mainstream’. My car has a Joying head unit, Deaf Bonce mids and tweeters, a Digital Designs sub and Taramps amplifiers. It performs better than any car that I have had that was all mainstream equipment.

Am I way wrong and there is a reason other stuff is talked about and recommended more?
Most of the brands you remember from 30 years ago are NOT the same as they were. Most of the great names of the past are just a name you remember on extremely low quality flea market junk, the few that have maintained their quality are generally premium priced since those companies have the overhead of R&D, marketing, and enough markup to support distributors and dealers.

Most of the other stuff you mentioned is all basically the same stuff made in the same small handful of factories in the Far East, the only thing setting them apart is the logo and how likely the company is to be around long enough to make good on a warranty or even ship the product you ordered.

This isn't 100% but you made a pretty big list and IMO it fairly describes most of the stuff you'll find that looks good but nobody is really talking about. By and large any of the brands you can't find in the Crutchfield website aren't offering anything you couldn't just call China and get a shipping container full of them with your name printed on them.

Also worth mentioning here is that some of the very inexpensive things that look really beefy is that they're going to skimp on all fronts in construction and materials, so to some degree, that 70 pound woofer from the brand that sells it for a grand will very probably outperform and outlast the one from the brand that sells one that looks the same for 450$. This and faith that the company will be around a year from now is why people tend to gravitate around and support established brands even if their MSRP is a bit high.

Big names can be so for a few different reasons: 1) their products are outstanding (Rockford Fosgate and JL for example), 2) they are cheap and boast exaggerated numbers (Boss, Bazooka, Crunch, Legacy, Volfenhag.... really too many to list here), 3) marketing/advertising (Skar is #1 here).

You can buy big names locally or gamble with less-popular stuff. My subwoofers would absolutely be RF if I wanted to spend that much money.

As with everything, it comes down to budget and expectations.

SSA
Sound Qubed
GP Audio Team
CT Sounds( Used to make Audio Technix)
PSI
NVX is decent
Audio Ace
Stereo Integrity
Brahma
Image Dynamics
Dayton Audio
CrossFire

There are so many Choices out there. Its generally dependent upon what you can get within the Budget
Im keeping an Eye on these guys here. They say USA made and they look pretty brute. I wouldnt mind trying one of the 12s out and release the coin on one to try out

They say USA made and they look pretty brute. I wouldnt mind trying one of the 12s out and release the coin on one to try out
As near as I know they are machining those motors in house and when I last spoke with them they were planning to source American made soft-parts. I'll be interested to see how well those perform for them, or if they can sell enough of them to keep the lights on. For what it's worth, I'm going to guess Jacob pays the bills selling SA subs and not by selling Team ones.

As near as I know they are machining those motors in house and when I last spoke with them they were planning to source American made soft-parts. I'll be interested to see how well those perform for them, or if they can sell enough of them to keep the lights on. For what it's worth, I'm going to guess Jacob pays the bills selling SA subs and not by selling Team ones.
Id deff like to grab a nice 10 or 12 sometime after the first of the year to try out . If I like them Ill grab another for a pair.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

MuNchiezzz

CarAudio.com Recruit
MuNchiezzz
Mesquite, Nevada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views