Whatcha all think?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. In my last truck, 2008 Ford F-150 ext cab, I had 2 10” Rockfords that sounded pretty good. Mind you, in my car I have 2 Rockford T112 D4’s, so “pretty good” is a relative term. My T112’s frickin’ hammer. I usually use Rockford amps and subs but I wanted to try something different this time. I do like the JL’s and, for shallow mounts, they hit pretty hard and they do sound good. I’m just interested in trying something different. Feel like I’m gettin stagnant with the constant Rockford systems. lol Hard to beat Rockford, tho, IMO. Good stuff, no doubt about it.

What vehicle do you have?

I like some of Rockford's subs. I've heard some loud T series subs. I did a design for two of the T2 13's, and those are hardcore.
I was actually considering taking the T112’s outta my car and trying some Orion HCCA’s. I honestly haven’t listened to em very much but they look beefy as hell and get good reviews. Again, hard to pry myself away from Rockford. Also considering some JL W7’s. Depends on if I decide to sell my house or not. lol

I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. In my last truck, 2008 Ford F-150 ext cab, I had 2 10” Rockfords that sounded pretty good. Mind you, in my car I have 2 Rockford T112 D4’s, so “pretty good” is a relative term. My T112’s frickin’ hammer. I usually use Rockford amps and subs but I wanted to try something different this time. I do like the JL’s and, for shallow mounts, they hit pretty hard and they do sound good. I’m just interested in trying something different. Feel like I’m gettin stagnant with the constant Rockford systems. lol Hard to beat Rockford, tho, IMO. Good stuff, no doubt about it.

Have you ever thought about trying something like 4 8's under the seats?

Also, I know a lot of people that have removed part of the backseat and placed a tall box back there. I like doing that with bandpasses, because it works out very well.

Also, I know a lot of people that have removed part of the backseat and placed a tall box back there. I like doing that with bandpasses, because it works out very well.

This box turned out very well; it's a single DC level 4 12 in a series 6th order bandpass. This is a great way to get some loud bass in a pickup truck. Just stating it as an option.

I’ve only owned 8’s once…. in a lowered Mazda B2200 that I put a RX-7 rotary motor in, fun as hell….and it was just a pair of, I believe, Kicker or MTX. Wasn’t very impressed. I’m kind of a bass head, with a little audiophile mixed in, and they didn’t hit like I so desperately needed em to. Ended up making the truck a walkthrough and putting a couple of Punch 12’s in the bed. Granted, this was back in the late 90’s-early 00’s. The only 8’s I’ve really looked at recently are Sundowns n they need a pretty “girthy” box. What brand are you thinkin of? I do like bandpass boxes. Jesus, 100 years ago I made an isobaric bandpass box for a buddy who had a Delorean. Had it behind the seat, with a lexan window and lights inside, so it looked like a massive flux capacitor. lol The things we do when we’re young.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Mix Audio

Zimm zimma
Mix Audio
Maine
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views