Whatcha all think?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mix Audio

Zimm zimma
Maine
I’m currently runnin 2 JL 12tw3’s, off a lil Rockford T750. They’re mounted in a store bought, down firing, sealed box. The box claims to give .60cu ft per sub and has an available mounting depth of 6”. I’m not against modifying the box in order to gain mounting depth, even if it means raising the rear seat a tad, or to gain a little volume. My question for you all is; do you know of any subs, standard or shallow mount, that would hit harder than my JL’s? In my other ride I have a Rockford T112D4, powered by a T1000, n that hits pretty frickin hard….the T112 sub is in a custom box, the specs of which exactly match what Rockford recommended for a ported enclosure.

With that little air space you’ll be hard pressed to find 12s to run in it besides shallow subs. And in that case I’d just stick with the JLs. What vehicle? I’m guessing an under seat truck box.

I’m currently runnin 2 JL 12tw3’s, off a lil Rockford T750. They’re mounted in a store bought, down firing, sealed box. The box claims to give .60cu ft per sub and has an available mounting depth of 6”. I’m not against modifying the box in order to gain mounting depth, even if it means raising the rear seat a tad, or to gain a little volume. My question for you all is; do you know of any subs, standard or shallow mount, that would hit harder than my JL’s? In my other ride I have a Rockford T112D4, powered by a T1000, n that hits pretty frickin hard….the T112 sub is in a custom box, the specs of which exactly match what Rockford recommended for a ported enclosure.
Is that a Hammerli Tac r1 in your profile pic?

My question for you all is; do you know of any subs, standard or shallow mount, that would hit harder than my JL’s?
Those TW3s are special in their output for the air space they require. I myself have a pair of 13TW5s that flex as hard as my t0d412s. That is unique because they only use a 1.6 cu. ft. sealed underseat box. I had them with an HD750/1, so they still had some headroom for power. I have only heard the 10TW3s which were quite nice so I assume the 12s have deeper output.

What vehicle do you have?

I like some of Rockford's subs. I've heard some loud T series subs. I did a design for two of the T2 13's, and those are hardcore.

That .6 is also before sub displacement as well..

These subs need atleast .8 per sub NET sealed..

You can't compare your 12" with the "proper" ported box and more power to the Jl's in a prefab underseat enclosure on less power..

JL states .95 per sub ported, If you could fit that under your seat I'd give that a try.

JL states .95 per sub ported, If you could fit that under your seat I'd give that a try.
Screenshot_20211028-132437.png
Screenshot_20211028-132416.png
Screenshot_20211028-132214.png

Ported is not recommended for these subs.

With that little air space you’ll be hard pressed to find 12s to run in it besides shallow subs. And in that case I’d just stick with the JLs. What vehicle? I’m guessing an under seat truck box.
Yeah, it’s my work truck. A 2012 Chevy Silverado ext cab. The 2 12tw3’s sound good, no doubt about it, and they hit pretty well but I’ve gotten used to the Rockford T112D4’s that I have in my car. Those frickin things hammer. I know with such limited space that I’m….well….limited, but I was jus seein if there was sumthin out there that I didn’t know about. (Yes, I freely admit there’s PLENTY I don’t know about lol)

That .6 is also before sub displacement as well..

These subs need atleast .8 per sub NET sealed..

You can't compare your 12" with the "proper" ported box and more power to the Jl's in a prefab underseat enclosure on less power..

I did have them in that exact ported box, from the JL website, when I first installed them but then I picked up another helper and needed the backseat. Frickin crybaby, “I don’t like riding in the bed when it’s raining or snowing out”. lol So I had to do sumthin different. I’m actually now in the process of raising the seat with some little custom built spacers that I’ve machined outta….ok, with sum stainless steel washers I bought at the hardware store 😜…..and I’m going to rebuild the prefab box and try to add a lil more interior volume to it. Gonna have to keep it sealed, as there’s no way I’ll be able to get an extra .4-.5 cu ft outta each side, but I’m hoping to get it as close to JL’s specs as possible. I definitely like these subs tho. JL always does it right n I’ve been using their products for years. When I decide to change out my Rockford Power series subs, in my car, I’m likely gonna try some W7’s. Been threatening to for several years. lol

What vehicle do you have?

I like some of Rockford's subs. I've heard some loud T series subs. I did a design for two of the T2 13's, and those are hardcore.
I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. In my last truck, 2008 Ford F-150 ext cab, I had 2 10” Rockfords that sounded pretty good. Mind you, in my car I have 2 Rockford T112 D4’s, so “pretty good” is a relative term. My T112’s frickin’ hammer. I usually use Rockford amps and subs but I wanted to try something different this time. I do like the JL’s and, for shallow mounts, they hit pretty hard and they do sound good. I’m just interested in trying something different. Feel like I’m gettin stagnant with the constant Rockford systems. lol Hard to beat Rockford, tho, IMO. Good stuff, no doubt about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Mix Audio

Zimm zimma
Mix Audio
Maine
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views