What would you do with $7500?

I've actually designed a built a box for this exact type of car. It was a gold/tan one. The Buick is a Wildcat or something like that? Idk if I missed it. I'll never forget those rear tail lights and that sort of clamshell angle. I know with bass, those huge trunk side walls will flex. That trunk is so long, you might want to brace it if you want to put some serious bass in the trunk. I watched the dude that we built a sealed box for, iirc it was 2 RE 12's, and just that made the trunk flex like mad, and he just had the car painted. His eyeballs about popped out of his head over worry when we played the system and he saw how much that car was flexing. So, I'm just saying, if you put a lot of bass in that car, you need to do panel work to add weight and/or stiffen that car. I would. I apologize if I missed any info.
The LeSabre and wildcat look very similar. I love them both. The box will be ported into package tray which should relieve allot of pressure in trunk. Sound dampening rear quarter panels. we'll see if more needs to be done after testing. Thanks for your advice. Will keep you posted on results

Sony 5500 HU, 6.5 Morel's w/teeter in kick panel, 4" Morel's in dash, kicker 3 way 6x9 rear, (2) square L7X 12's, 1200.1 and 400.1 kxa amps, rear camera, custom ported box with beauty paneling, sound dampening entire floor board and trunk, new carpet, custom console, custom wrap package tray. I know for a fact I could've found someone cheaper, but one thing in life I learned is skilled labor isn't cheap and cheap labor is skilled. This car is almost 60 years old, and I'm keeping the the stock look for the most part.

This makes a whole lot more sense. You never mentioned the custom work being done on the car. I'd still try to move away from the kicker subs on that kind of budget.

Slow and steady

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-192353.png
    Screenshot_20211129-192353.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
The LeSabre and wildcat look very similar. I love them both. The box will be ported into package tray which should relieve allot of pressure in trunk. Sound dampening rear quarter panels. we'll see if more needs to be done after testing. Thanks for your advice. Will keep you posted on results
They are the same car except for the front clip

Custom enclosure mock up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211222-211218.png
    Screenshot_20211222-211218.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20211222-211052.png
    Screenshot_20211222-211052.png
    778.7 KB · Views: 34
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread