What would sound better, 1 sub getting 350rms or 2 subs sharing 350rms

Participant count
  • Participant list

2003 Hemi
10+ year member

Im going to bridge 2 channels on my 4 channel Hifonics amp to get 350 Rms out to some subs, and run 6.5 components off the other 2 channels.

JL Audio makes a specific box /w sub for my truck (2003 Dodge Ram Quadcab)

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/ramquadcab.html

It almost cost as much as me getting 2 eD's K10's with a custom box for them under the rear seats.

So what would sound better? 1 JL Auido with 350 watts or 2 eD K10's sharing 350 watts.

I am not interested in making my ears bleed or being heard coming down the street from 20 blocks away. I want good , clean sounding bass, non distorted and accurate to the music. Also to have a lil thump when I feel like hearing some.

Thanks for any replys and info, guys.

George

trust me bro, you wont me any ears bleed with 350 watts. i personally would go with the two k's. ive heard the jlw3's and they are ok sealed, but they lack spl. i havent heard the k's but you would get more from the two tens and what i hear is the sq of the k's is good. if you have room to port the tens, do it. dont expect much from a w3 in a small sealed box with only 350 watts. im sleepy so forgive me for any typos. this forum is addictive.

Thanks for the replies. I cant really port any subs under the rear seats, there is very lil room down there. The eK10's would have to be sealed also. I have seen a few dual 10" sealed boxes on the net for my truck. Like this one http://www.musicmooseaudio.com/dodge_quad_cab_truck_d03.html

I just dont know how good these boxes really are. Seen some on Ebay to. Or have a custom one built. I was leaning towards the eK10's over JL audio, my only concern was, if 350rms was going to be enough power for them.

honestly i would go with jl audio

i am gettin 2 edK's but i will be putting 600 to both i honestly think that is not enough 350 would give them all they can handle they can handle way more than 350 now if u were putting 350 to each it would be ok

please here me out. go with 2k's. i dont think you will be satisfied with the one ten. trust me your gonna want more spl. having to k's will give your more options. they will be fine with 125 watts. go to their website. http://www.edesignaudio.com. in the future you may decide to get a dedicated sub amp. if you go with a single 10 it will be no use. you will more than likely get more spl from the 2 k's. i know you want mostly sq. why not have loud with sq. if you go with the one jl, in a month or so you will be submitting a sub upgrade thread. go with the ed k's.

Yes it will be a stealth box either way. I use to have JL audio's im my Camaro that I sold.

I'm thinking of trying out the eK10's for something different. Man making decisions is a *****//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Go with one Sub Because If u go with 2 then The 2 subs will be sharing the 350. But if u go with one sub that one sub will get all 350 watts.

Originally posted by LBX2G Go with one Sub Because If u go with 2 then The 2 subs will be sharing the 350. But if u go with one sub that one sub will get all 350 watts.
**** your a genius. I think every1 already knew that. Besides that, the 2 subs will be louder sharing the 350 watts than 1 sub getting 350 watts. I have heard 2 12k's("e" style) w/ only 100 watts going to each and they got fairly loud.

see that is why guns are invented to kill dumbass like u

I was just stating a fact so kiss my ass

And one sub would be louder as long as it is dual voice coil

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.