What would I need

If your keeping rear seats but wanting to lift them ..a pair of 10s would be about your limits under the rear seat ..maybe a single 12
How much clearance would I need, I could build up some brackets to raise them up some
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I found some subs on crutchfield at around 110 for a 15, would it be better to instead go with 12 inch ones, I don't know much about subs or speakers so anything y'all tell me is what I will be going off on and a budget of around 300, maybe more.
crutchfield is a garbage place to buy subs. All the subs are overpriced by miles. Their sub selection is weak as well. Unless you give up your rear seats completely, you arent fitting 15s or 12s. You'll be lucky to even fit a pair of 10s under the seat but most likely you can only do 8s if you want the rear seats usuable. Its the box design along with how the port is firing/loading in the vehicle that gets you playing loud and deep. Not the sub. You put a 15 or a 12 in too small of a box, you will get both garbage sound and weak output because the sub is strangled and cant breathe.

This is an example of two 8s that play extremely deep and is loud enough to move this much air.

PS: This is where the big boys shop for subs. Crutchfield and sonic electronics is where all the noobs waste money on inferior subs.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/

https://droppinhzcaraudio.com/subwoofers/

That says dual 8 how come it shows 3 8 cutouts ?
I just looked at that and I found another one exactly like that but it comes with all 3 while that one just comes with the 2

Also just reading the description, what does it mean by it's a baffle not an enclosure?

3 subs would be best ..if you can id still try to raise the rear seat about 3”s ..so the subs don’t hit seat bottom upon excursion
I would have to check but 3 inches may be to much, just because I wouldn't want any passengers to be gotten head on roof, but I do beleive I could probably go up like 1 inch or 2

Also just reading the description, what does it mean by it's a baffle not an enclosure?
That means it is one piece of wood where the subs are mounted. It is not a box. You’d have to build the rest or fiberglass it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means it is one piece of wood where the subs are mounted. It is not a box. You’d have to build the rest or fiberglass it

Oh, so I just get the top of it. Nothing else just the top I would still have to build the rest of it

Correct

So I may just build my own then, but what would be recommended for material and thickness, along with how to connect it all together. I would just copy their design also so.

Mdf, birch 3/4”. Or you can fiberglass most of it with a wood baffle. For wood, wood glue and screws

Alright, and then what subs and amp would you say I should get, I would want room to add a third sub if I wanted to, cause right now i,would only do 2 for the time being

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.