What would happen if you double bandpass?

pwnt by pat
10+ year member

Pat for Prez 2024 - vote!
Pa
What kind of results would be expected if you built a box similar to this:

untitled.jpg

If designed PROPERLY (thats the key) they will slam AND sound good.....

Mine ROCKS OUT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif but if designed and built right they cant be beat....

Here's some pics :p

finishedbp2.jpg
[/img]

finishedbp1.jpg

bpinstall3.jpg

here's what the builder had to say about how well it played here

this was 2 (so called crappy L7 10's:rolleyes: ) 04 kickers... they sound VERY GOOD... If you want the design, (designed by team toxicbass) I'll be happy to email it to you for free...

believe me if you can build the 6th order b/p you WONT be dissapointed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

sorry dude, hate to tell you MINE rocks... AND mine is SERIES 6th order, (even MORE difficult)

I have'nt heard any issues with transient response, not yet. We played some fast kick drums and the subs did'nt have a problem with them... In fact it's NOT boomy at all.
They can (as evidenced by my set up) sound very nice and are EXTREMELY loud... (my past 2 set ups were both sq subs, atlas 15 4.5^3 tuned to 27 and avalanche 18 5.2^ @ 28hz...

This box was designed once, and built once... NO trial and error here... MAYBE I got lucky but I don't think so.... Bottom line is BUILD the box... Have someone with design skills design it. (someone who knows about complex box designs) My design cost me 10 bucks... You can have my copy or go here they work on donations so it's up to you what you give them. (if anything but hay let your conscience be your guide) They'll design one based on your particular sub....

GOOD LUCK

isnt there a such thing as a ported box built into another ported box?i though i saw plans for that once
Aperiodic bichamber...or a double bass reflex, whatever you want to call it.

Those can sound very good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

According to that first link, they have almost a perfect flat response despite the horrific transient response which makes them "good for media". I have an extra solobaric round 10 coming to me I could experiment with....

How is the spl compaired to 4th order or standard vented? I found a rubicon 15 on ebay for very cheap that I could toss in for a quick spl in my hatch at any moment for some spl drivebys... with 300ish rms...hah. eh, I'd probably give it the 800rms from the two 501's in bio mode if I'm doing a driveby.

I'm just thinking outloud.

singlesub, can you pm me the box plans you're talking about.

Edit: got any links for the double-bass-reflex chamber? I'm going to search google now.

A friend that worked in a local shop while I was a senor in HS built an enclosure like that for a single 10" RF Power(93 series). It was pretty **** loud but it was peaky. It worked great for most rap of the time, but I personally didn't like the overall sound on most rock.

isnt there a such thing as a ported box built into another ported box?i though i saw plans for that once
yea the ported box inside a ported box is the series 6th order band pass, I'm having a hellava time trying to get photobucket to load. (where I have the design) see series tuned 6th order b/p here

6th order would be louder because it's the "ported inside a ported" box design.

okay got the **** pg to load here is the EXACT box plans for 2 L7 10's like I said if you want something to your exact sub see the above link

designsforbandpassbox.jpg
[/img]

designsforbandpass.jpg
[/img]

dude if you use this for spl drive by the box will still sound good... Now I don't listen to rock, (maybe Ill put in some to see) but for bass c/d's and rap it's awsome.. I listened to some house and techno it's great... Maybe I'll listen to some rock and jazz today???

Most important thing about these type of boxes is to be SURE the design is accurate. Getting the design from someone who has knowldege on these inclosures is KEY....

I lothe rap. That's why I'd be using the two 10 round kickers in sealed FG enclosures for regular music. If I just wanna partake in a "I'm louder" contest, I'd toss this in, I guess.

the key is team toxic bass, pete is amazing he designed my box too

pic.php

pic.php

building it this weekend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.