What would be the best option?

Participant count
  • Participant list

iApex
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Tampa
I have a Kenwood KAC-X1R

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hfIhc7SJGQj/p_113KACX1R/Kenwood-Excelon-KAC-X1R.html

1200wrms @2 ohm x1 2400w peak

600wrms @4ohm x1 1200w peak?

And was thinking of getting a Type R 12 or a RE SE/SX (because they are exceptional and are in my budget)

A Type X would definitely be a wiser choice but I just can't afford it. =/

But now as I'm sitting here i start thinking if I get a D4 and wired it to a 2ohm load on the amp then that amp would rape that speaker wouldn't it?

So should I get a D2 so I can wire up to a 4ohm load?

So confused lol. I think I have something figured out then i'm like... wait wtf?

I've got over 800 rms goin to my type r and had roughly 1300 goin to it at one point and it handled it fine
I have heard this a lot and then i watched this video and it made me think...

Well I haven't bought the sub yet, thats why I was wondering which one would be the better choice, i could get either the D2 and the D4's are around the same price.

And you set the gain by using that formula right? I forgot what it was now, but I remember seeing it the other day.

the less resistance the less sq but would there even be a notable difference in sq if I was running @2ohm rather @4ohm?

Or should I not even worry about it.

No, do not worry about it. I dont' know the specifics of that amp, but if I were to guess i'd say if you try to send 600 @4ohms you could be clipping it.

Either way, why risk it when you could just run it at 2ohms and set the gain for 600 and be 100% safe.

No, do not worry about it. I dont' know the specifics of that amp, but if I were to guess i'd say if you try to send 600 @4ohms you could be clipping it.
Either way, why risk it when you could just run it at 2ohms and set the gain for 600 and be 100% safe.
so 600 @ 4ohms is different than 600 @ 2ohm. Interesting. I suppose that makes sense.

Where can I find the method to set how much watts the gain is set to? would that voltage method still apply there like where you set it to the voltage and it does around the watts?

I can not find that formula for the life of me haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.