What Type of Wiring to Buy And Were

amen to that. wire is wire. greater stand count is nice, cuz the wire is more flexible.
although... from all my monster cable training... frequencies travel down wire at different speeds, so yes, wire is wire, its just getting the right frequencies to travel down the right wire to make sure the high pitched sounds dont go through faster than bass and you get a time shift effect. thus not a "live" sound
in air, sound travels at just that, the speed of sound

in wire, the lower the frequency, the slower it travels in comparison to higher ones

yea its been proven =P lol

edit: same with rcas and every other wire.

say one large solid strand... bass travels down thru the middle, higher pitched sounds travel down the "skin" of the wire, the outter part

Okay, so when electricity travels at ludicrous speed and the higher frequencies reach speakers ever so slightly before the lower frequencies do, wouldn't that effect be incredibly miniscule since the sound reaches our ears at around 750 mph?

although... from all my monster cable training... frequencies travel down wire at different speeds, so yes, wire is wire, its just getting the right frequencies to travel down the right wire to make sure the high pitched sounds dont go through faster than bass and you get a time shift effect. thus not a "live" sound
in air, sound travels at just that, the speed of sound

in wire, the lower the frequency, the slower it travels in comparison to higher ones

yea its been proven =P lol

edit: same with rcas and every other wire.

say one large solid strand... bass travels down thru the middle, higher pitched sounds travel down the "skin" of the wire, the outter part
I see Monster got to you before science did.

The only thing you could possibly be referring to is "skin effect" which is a problem with extremely high frequency AC. It has NOTHING to do with car audio.

It's just Monster's futile attempts to get their sales people to actually believe in the voo-doo they're trying to push on people.

I see Monster got to you before science did.
The only thing you could possibly be referring to is "skin effect" which is a problem with extremely high frequency AC. It has NOTHING to do with car audio.

It's just Monster's futile attempts to get their sales people to actually believe in the voo-doo they're trying to push on people.
I was gonna say something like that to him, but I didn't want to seem like an ass, and hurt his fragile Monster beliefs.

lol.

I was gonna say something like that to him, but I didn't want to seem like an ass, and hurt his fragile Monster beliefs.
lol.
They ARE fragile. That's for sure.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.