What to get and why? 3 high end HU to choose

desiasx

LA
Hi, first of all I am a newbie at this, but I think that one of the major factors on what system depends on the car and what type of music/feeling you want when you listen to it. Now I am getting a new Civic 04. And I want a system that will not only make alot of bass, but also give clear sound at high volume. I listen to alot of pop and Gangster Hip Hop. Now you guys know how the music and beats are in gangster songs, mostly heavy bass and deep beats. I want something that will make that sound very nice in my Civic. The ONLY thing I know for sure is that I have 3 choices of head units. And I need help to build a system from theese. My budged is not very much so I want something for around 1200USD. This is for everything exept the Head Unit. In advance I wanto say thank you to everyone who is reading and giving me input from their expertise.

The 3 head units I am considering is the following ones:

Sony CDX-M9905

PIONEER DEH-P9600MP

Alpine CDA-7998

What speakers should I get? What Amplifier? What subs? Is it better with one 12" then two 10" subs? Thank you again for all the help...

sony isnt high end head units imp,,,,, i would go with pioneer,,, ill love pioneer products,,, alpine is good as well,,, not sony,,, sony blows balls

I'd go with the pioneer also. New sony stuff *****. A small car won't need multiple subs, you could do just fine with one. Throw it in a nice ported box and you'll have plenty of bass in that civic of yours.

The 3 head units I am considering is the following ones:

Sony CDX-M9905

PIONEER DEH-P9600MP

Alpine CDA-7998

What speakers should I get? What Amplifier? What subs? Is it better with one 12" then two 10" subs? Thank you again for all the help...
I had the MEX-5di, sony's top of the line predecessor to the other colored screen HUs they have. Got it "cheap" for $650. Compared to eclipse it sounds like an ass farting into a broken toilet. Forget sony, for that money you can easily get an eclipse 8454. If you can't get eclipse where you live Alpine's a goddam good choice as well. Pioneer isn't bad, but Eclipse and Alpine are better.

Titanus

Ok, so lets say that I go with the Pioneer then. I dont know some ppl say that Alpine has better highs and mids at higher volume.

I want 2 good speakers up front that can give out nice and clean sound even at high volume, wich one to get? And should I hook them up through an amp or is the Pioneer/Alpine good enough for them?

For the subs I dont know, I wanto go with 2x10" subs in a enclosed box. What amp is good for theese?

Ok, so lets say that I go with the Pioneer then. I dont know some ppl say that Alpine has better highs and mids at higher volume.
I want 2 good speakers up front that can give out nice and clean sound even at high volume, wich one to get? And should I hook them up through an amp or is the Pioneer/Alpine good enough for them?

For the subs I dont know, I wanto go with 2x10" subs in a enclosed box. What amp is good for theese?
Yeah alpine is better.

what's your component budget?

Yes definetely get an amp, you'll appreciate it. Those HUs probably can't pump more than 20 watts per channel, and that's with distortion.

like someone said above, a civic isn't that big and the separation between cabin and trunk isn't really a sound stopper; a 12" ported should be fine.

If you don't plan on having rear fill you could get a 4 channel amp, and bridge 2 channels for the sub. You'll save money there if you're on a budget.

Scrap the Sony junk!They're purely no good.As for Alpine & Pioneer.Pionner has a very good sound and alot of pretty toys to ticker with too.But,for all out performance the Alpine would be the best bet.I own a Alpine(CDA-9831),Alpine(CDA-9811),Pioneer(DEH-P8600MP),Pioneer Premier(DEH-P750MP)last years model.And believe me! I use to preach pioneer to everybody.But,I've got to face the facts the Alpine's better.There's better out there than them both tho.Eclipse!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.