what to do with a 2000 Avenger??

Bumpin03
10+ year member

James Madison University
Virginia
I will be purchasing a 2000 Dodge Avenger this monday(hopefully). It's got a 2.5L V6 in it. Just wondering what my first mod should be to it???? I'm not looking into putting thousands into this car. I already will have a nice stereo system for it. What should i do to the engine first??? not looking for a turbo....im 17 years old and dont have 3g's layin around.

well don't mean to piss on your party, but I would get a diff car, I have a sebring (same car) and it is slooooooow! also there are not very many mods available

well the avenger fits my needs best....i need a newer car with low miles and is sporty looking...yet it can fit a 6'1 person in it. It has to be no more then $12,000 at a dealership. This is the only car that seems to fit my needs...Id rather get a slower car then a fast car i cant fit in. So you are saying i shouldn't even try to make it quick??? I should just make it look nice?? like a show car??? Maybe ill paint the interior or something. What do you all think?

What color is it? Get some chrome wheels and new rubber. Install your stereo and dress up the engine with a colored dress up kit (or chrome) - You can make that car fast, but it would cost more than you want it to cost:)

Don't let people tell you not to modify your car. I didn't catch if you said it was a auto or manual but assuming its manual you should be able to make it decently quick. I would suggest starting out with an intake (iceman likely makes one). Then choose a quite-straight thru design muffler. That should free up the breathing a bit.

You might want to look into upgrading your suspension as wheel with some light wheels and sticky rubber. Also some eibach pro kit springs would be nice. Try http://www.modernperformance.com for some products for your car.

I didn't say not to mod, I was simply stating that it doesn't have a large aftermarket following like an eclipse, civic, ranger, mustang, camero, truck/suv......etc

so finding parts will be harder and there will be a smaller selection

They are hella slow. They are sharp looking, however. It's easy to make look good (it looks good straight out of the factory) but difficult to make quick. Most, if not all Avengers I have ever seen have been auto's. Unless you plan on putting another engine in there, I would abandon all hope of making it fast. Unless you plan on spending as much as the car is worth on the engine alone.

Save and get a Stealth R/T Twin Turbo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

EDIT = Ive only seen a mild drop(1-2") and some suspension upgrades in a package for close to $900....little expensive if you ask me...

HAHA...alright it is an automatic. Its silver. It comes with factory 16" wheels with low profile tires. I was thinking...could i save myself some money and go with some chrome 16" wheels and through those tires on them?? From what you guys are saying...I'm not going to try to make it fast. First I will probably just tint the windows. I think silver cars look really nice with tinted windows.

Originally posted by Bumpin03 HAHA...alright it is an automatic. Its silver. It comes with factory 16" wheels with low profile tires. I was thinking...could i save myself some money and go with some chrome 16" wheels and through those tires on them?? From what you guys are saying...I'm not going to try to make it fast. First I will probably just tint the windows. I think silver cars look really nice with tinted windows.
sounds good...but think 19's not 16's I think small rims look worse than hubcaps....nothing smaller than 17's for sure

ok...say if i were to buy 18's. Where would be the best place to buy them?? I know my local shop sells them but i think they overprice them majorly!! Would it be best to get them online?? Or would the shipping cost just cancel out the difference between that and my local shop?? I want a rim/tire kit for my car. Money is the biggest issue here. I want chrome. Don't really ask me what design i like cuz im not exactly sure... If you think it would be best to order online...send me some websites. Thanks

PS: I dont care about the brand of rim/tire. Im going for strictly looks, not performance.

forget doing anything to you car leave it stock and do these steps:

1. call up and get full coverage insurance on the car (the premium)

2. drive car to local lake/pond; park

3. while running, put brick on accelerator

4. put into drive, jump out and sploosh!! into the lake

5. collect insurance and buy a different car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.