What the RCA is this??!

Participant count
  • Participant list

mikeizo

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hello again. So I’ve been going about this install far to long. I’ve got a wack head unit (concept dl-62) I got a 2011 Jetta. On my head unit I have one set of rca inputs. So I ran my rca to my amp (alpine mf-300 v power 750watt 4 channel) now I have my speaker wired to the amp as well. But how do the channels work? When I put my rca cables in the amp I’m only getting sound coming out of the front right speaker and the two rear speakers. But if I move around the rca cables to another channel I get sound to both front speakers and nothing in the rear. I’m going to re check my wiring. Also noted that when im in my audio settings for fade and balance nothing plays if i move the sound to the front. Sound only comes out when I place the marker towards the rear left speaker. What’s going on?

I checked the alpine manual online and hopefully that will solve it. Behind my head unit I have S-L and S-R(a) or the other wqy around. Anyway does that (A) mean anything? I appreciate you responding all the time

Here is my madness that I have created. I need to really clean this install up.. any suggestions? So another issue I’m coming across is that I’m getting continuity on my negative lead from my front left speaker across multiple speaker output terminals. Is that supposed to happen?

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpeg
    IMG_0336.jpeg
    845.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0335.jpeg
    IMG_0335.jpeg
    961 KB · Views: 24
Here is my madness that I have created. I need to really clean this install up.. any suggestions? So another issue I’m coming across is that I’m getting continuity on my negative lead from my front left speaker across multiple speaker output terminals. Is that supposed to happen?
Try running another ground wire(adding to existing HU ground wire) to a cleaned off metal bar or bolt under the dash or floor pan. Zip ties will help in cleaning the wiring up a bit more than what you have going on here, or even bunching them up and using electrical tape or self adhere velcro strips

Last edited:
I need to really clean this install up.. any suggestions?

Zip ties will help in cleaning the wiring up a bit more trhan what you have going on here, or even bunching them up and using electrical tape of self adhere velcro strips
I too have this bird's nest behind my radios. I leave them untaped for it is easier to stuff them in these cramped radio cubbyholes. When I used to tape them, they would be rigid and put stress on the harness pins and cut out when driving on rough roads.
So another issue I’m coming across is that I’m getting continuity on my negative lead from my front left speaker across multiple speaker output terminals. Is that supposed to happen?
I have never tested continuity on speaker outputs so have no clue if this is normal. But if all outputs are working, I would assume all is well.

I too have this bird's nest behind my radios. I leave them untaped for it is easier to stuff them in these cramped radio cubbyholes. When I used to tape them, they would be rigid and put stress on the harness pins and cut out when driving on rough roads.

I have never tested continuity on speaker outputs so have no clue if this is normal. But if all outputs are working, I would assume all is well.
I like to remove the BS Plastic Cave behind the HU so it gets some cooling and release some Heat that is an HU Killer Even if I have to take a Hole Saw and drill it out. You dont have to bunch ALL the Wires together to ONE ZIP TIE

Last edited:
like to remove the BS Plastic Cave behind the HU so it gets some cooling and release some Heat that is an HU Killer Even if I have to take a Hole Saw and drill it out.
I have contemplated doing this many times but my mind always goes to worst case scenario that after a series of unfortunate events my rear axle ends up falling off on the freeway. So yeah, most I have done is notch it up to have the least push on the clips.

I have never tested continuity on speaker outputs so have no clue if this is normal. But if all outputs are working, I would assume all is well
So I don’t know maybe I’m cursed. The amp I have right now on channel one it wasn’t working. I’ve wired both front and rear speakers in parallel. I have 2 speakers per channel now. I have sound coming now from all speakers. BUT when going to try and isolate each speaker to hear it on its own I don’t have sound. Man I’m starting to think I should’ve just paid the guy to install this ish. No sound when I put the fade towards the front. And hen fader to the rear right speaker then I have sound. I should buy a different head unit?

Try running another ground wire(adding to existing HU ground wire) to a cleaned off metal bar or bolt under the dash or floor pan.
So there is a wire that came with the head unit harness. Shoot kind of think of it. I don’t know if I even did anything with it. Ima take a look in a bit and see. I’ll just attach it to the factory ground that is there behind head unit. Previous owner cut the ground wire and added I think an AUX in the vehicle because when I was first going through this I had seen the ground wire cut and was wondering why

So there is a wire that came with the head unit harness. Shoot kind of think of it. I don’t know if I even did anything with it. Ima take a look in a bit and see. I’ll just attach it to the factory ground that is there behind head unit. Previous owner cut the ground wire and added I think an AUX in the vehicle because when I was first going through this I had seen the ground wire cut and was wondering why
All HUs need an acceptable ground to function properly. That deff needs to be investigated and addressed

Last edited:
Would you post a pic of your amp as you have it wired? Both sides.
Going to run new speaker wire though. I have 4 door speakers at 4ohms each. Ive paralled front left and right. I've paralled rear left and right. .. should be at 2ohms now total both channels

Attachments

• 20230510_003132.jpg
    20230510_003132.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230510_003345.jpg
    20230510_003345.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230510_003029.jpg
    20230510_003029.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 14
Going to run new speaker wire though. I have 4 door speakers at 4ohms each. Ive paralled front left and right. I've paralled rear left and right. .. should be at 2ohm
The RCAs wires have to be in the Red and White RCA inputs, otherwise you will only get Left channels to play sound. Put the Right RCA into the Front Right (RED) and the Left RCA into the Front Left (WHITE). Then rewire speakers accordingly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...