what the hell is going on

You gotta feed the ferret or it will eat the fuses
You may be onto something...

ferret01.jpg

the problem is if you hooked everything up right, the fuses wouldnt of blown. assuming the amp isnt faulty that is.. its a wiring problem. do you have your power wire fused? whats your wiring consist of.

dont let these guys get to you. this is like middle school. if you are new and dont conform they will tease you. especially the night shift.

yes the power wire is fused
ok, what about the rest of the questions i asked? whats the wiring consist of, wheres the ground, what ohm did you have the subs wired too etc. its either a wiring problem or the amp is broken...quite possibly you did some damage before the fuses blew.

ok man thats funny but the man has a problem... if i was you i would check and see if ur amp is getin hot... have u tryed it without the cap and see what it does? check all ur wires and make sure there not shorting out somewhere. also ground it to the chassie of the car not the battery( heard thats very bad... could be falce)

ok man thats funny but the man has a problem... if i was you i would check and see if ur amp is getin hot... have u tryed it without the cap and see what it does? check all ur wires and make sure there not shorting out somewhere. also ground it to the chassie of the car not the battery( heard thats very bad... could be falce)
Battery grounds are not bad as that is the real ground on the car. If you ground it to the chassis it goes to the negative on the battery anyway.

Check your sub wiring. Also check for a tiny strand from your positive and negative on the amp to be touching. Just trace all your wires and check for snug.

Edit: Try taking out the cap like was mentioned before. Plus there is nothing wrong with a short chassis ground or grounding to the battery. If all else fails do a short ground to the chassis. Who knows... Grounds cause a lot of problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.