What the hell is goin on with my car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumpinthanite
10+ year member

i like cars. a lot.
Today i was playing some stuff in my car (d12) and the bass was pretty heavy. Now, all i had on was the accessory battery...everytime the bass hit hard in succession, the cd player shut off for a second. My neons were on at the same time and nothing happened to them, just the cd player. Now, when I'm driving, i've never had it shut off (the cd player). I'm pretty sure this is cuz the alternator is just recharging when i drive. Basically what i wanna know, is it bad to play my music when the battery is only on, and what can i do the help stop it from happening (the shutting off)? Any help..thanx

I never do that.. your altenator will have to work overtime to recharge your battery. Depending on how much power you have running your amp/s, you could easily run out of juice and leave yourself stranded (I've seen it happen). No idea about your cd player, is it old?

this sounds to me like you have a bad connection in EITHER the power wire, ground or the cars switched turn on wire to the radio causing a voltage drop and making the radio see less voltage. So when you put a heavy demand on the system and the car voltage drops the radio sees a LOWER voltage than that causing it to turn off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.