what sub to build?!!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

norrizzle90
10+ year member

Cant lose with 22's
ok, heres the deal. i have this motor right here, i got it in a trade and dont know too much about it. i was told it might be a RE HC, or a concept csp. what do you guys suggest i do with it? i want to make it a 15 that handles about 3k daily....this is what i know

tripple 3/4 slugs. 3 in coil. 1/4 in gap. overall width is 7.5 in. and 4.5 in tall including the pole. i have been told these are very similiar to a 3HP motor. weighs right at 40 pounds.

http://i28.tinypic.com/qz19on.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/efrz8k.jpg

thanks guys!!!

i have built those and you can burp 3-4k on 1 no problem but by no means wouldnt rate it to take 3k all day. would rate at 2000rms with a pole plug after a build. that would be underated but would take abuse. reason being gap is only big enough for a 4 layer coil.

can make it loud though...

i have built those and you can burp 3-4k on 1 no problem but by no means wouldnt rate it to take 3k all day. would rate at 2000rms with a pole plug after a build. that would be underated but would take abuse. reason being gap is only big enough for a 4 layer coil.can make it loud though...
awww this isnt good news:( norris you could always just seal it off and run a strong 2k to it....wouldnt be too shabby

i mean you can run a 3k amp to it just back it off after 30sec to a min. rms means it can take that amount of power for hrs. still needs a pole plug to aid cooling with this sub...

so if this was your motor, how would you build it? u think 2500rms is doable while still sounding good? my main goal is to make this into a nice SQL sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.