What specs for 2 RE SE 12's in sealed box

Bigpete757
10+ year member

fl
I think on the re website it says that they have a displacement of .15 feet and need 1 foot cubed for a sealed box. I talked to my local installer and he mentioned that if this were true, I should get a box with about 1.2 cubes each in area and that would be good. Does anyone have this same setup and what specs are you using. Also, I was thinking of getting a box off ebay with these specs for like 60 bucks, would this be a good choice. Thanks in advance.

if your gonna go with sealed an these are 12's, if your wanting low end bass i would go with 3-4 cubes but, if space is an issue i think 3 should be good. but if you want ported i would go with 4cubes tuned to 40hz that should do real good for everyday bass.

if your gonna go with sealed an these are 12's, if your wanting low end bass i would go with 3-4 cubes but, if space is an issue i think 3 should be good. but if you want ported i would go with 4cubes tuned to 40hz that should do real good for everyday bass.
no. 40hz is baddddddd.

30hz is gooddddd.

2.3 will work just fine. I had the same subs in a box that size and it sounded really good. Keep in mind it will take a lot of power in a sealed box, but the response was so clean that I never did put them in a ported. I'm going sealed with my SX 10's for now.

do the se's sound that much better ported. I am trying to have to them last for a while and heard that porting them beats up the sub a little and it is better to have a sub in a sealed box. I probably don't have enough room for 2 ported. As far as the specs, am I on track with them being a .15 displacement (I think) and using about 2.4 cubes all together. I know 2.5-3 was mentioned, but I heard going over the recommended sealed area is not good for the subs. Do you think anywhere in the ranged from 2.4 to 3 is probably good and will not make a difference.

2.3 will work just fine. I had the same subs in a box that size and it sounded really good. Keep in mind it will take a lot of power in a sealed box, but the response was so clean that I never did put them in a ported. I'm going sealed with my SX 10's for now.
I was thinking of the sundown 1500d or the rd 1750.1 to power them. I know there are going to need alot of power sealed. Do you think these are good choices. And which one would be the better one to go with, or if you have another suggestion, I would appreciate the advice.

NOOOO! I have 2 of the SEs in a 4 cube ported box at 42hz and they ****...

If you need an amp can get you a deal on an RE 12.1. It will drive those just fine. PM me if you are interested and I can get you some pics. It's not advertised for sale but it's available and in excellent condition.

The Sundown or the RD will be good for that setup. I had a smaller RD and it was great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.