What speakers would YOU choose,Help a rookie/novice out???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Peddler

Hey, I have a "2005 Hyundai Accent" and am looking into beefing up its sound/audio output.

I must admit that I am a bit new to all this an would appreciate your suggestions in layman terms as I am in a bit over my head.

To date I have done little to said "Accent" other than:

purchasing/installing this Receiver/Deck- JVC KD-HDR60.

My Car has stock 5.25" speakers(4) that sound horrendous...

QUESTION TIME! -

1.MY MAIN CONCERN?QUESTION "Can I easily(as a rookie) Make 6.5" speakers fit into the/my 5.25" space?"

2. "If so/not..What 6.5" OR if necessary 5.25" speakers would you Select." (see needs below)

3. "LASTLY, what else other than speakers do I need to have a somewhat decent system?"

My BUDGET->>>250-325$

My NEEDS - A cost effective(Not dirt cheap/not top of the line) Setup that can deliver bass without to much distortion is LOUD an that can also deliver relatively clear vocals/treble.

I listen to a wide variety of music ranging from Hip Hop to Old country music so I need a setup that has a broad range.

Hopefully you guys can recommend a setup that will get the job done all I have is a reciever so PLEASE recommend what you feel I need an would benefit most from.

Please also keep in mind that I am a absolute rookie to ALL this BUT I can/will do the work/install myself (Mumbling expletives throughout) thusly I am just looking at hardware cost/s AND product suggestion/s.

Thanks,

"Billy"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd do some more research, read threads on the forums because there are thousands of threads like this with questions already answered. 200 aint much of a budget, You can only get door speakers and an amp for those speakers and thats all.

You want to spend $200 for all the equipment? It can be loud as far as 2 speakers go, but that's about it. We're doing this kind of setup in a friend's car, but that budget is $900 and I'm pretty much giving them the amp for the subwoofer. If you install and know how to install everything yourself, you can save a few hundred, but $200 for clear vocals and super loud is not feasible in the least.

I've updated the budget to 250-325.

Your reply's,however crass are appreciated an noted!

I do understand that I cannot/will not produce a "Diamond" of a system with the "Coal" budget I have allotted.

An that fine by me, as long as I DO produce the best "Zirconium" possible out of that "Coal"...

YES I do realize that in an ideal world that I should spend a ton of money on any this system.

Then again In an ideal world I would NOT have a mortage to pay either....

I just need to know what the best plan of action is with the budget that I DO have an how to most efficiently an/or effectively spend said budget.

-Billy

I've updated the budget to 250-325.Your reply's,however crass are appreciated an noted!

I do understand that I cannot/will not produce a "Diamond" of a system with the "Coal" budget I have allotted.

An that fine by me, as long as I DO produce the best "Zirconium" possible out of that "Coal"...

YES I do realize that in an ideal world that I should spend a ton of money on any this system.

Then again In an ideal world I would NOT have a mortage to pay either....

I just need to know what the best plan of action is with the budget that I DO have an how to most efficiently an/or effectively spend said budget.

-Billy
Okay before the budget comes, I'll explain the thought process etc.. Your stock speakers might not be that bad, putting an amp to them and using a high pass filter(option in your head unit) crossed over at 100hz, they can actually handle a good bit of power and sound a lot better with an amp added to it. As of now, you are probably trying to get too much out of it at once. With a high pass filter, you are limiting it to playing only vocals while the subwoofer takes care of everything resembling bass. You will be surprised what your stock speakers can do when set up properly. If anything, it will still sound a lot better and you will have the foundation to upgrade properly in the future while temporarily sounding much better.

For power, this should be fine for your doors and subwoofer.

Precision Power BA2200.5 (ba22005) 1100W Black Ice Series 5

As for subwoofers, You will need to measure out the space you will give up for the subwoofers. Take out a tape measure and measure in L x W X H and report back.

Think you can build your own box to save on costs? Fairly simple even without a table saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.