• Thread starter <JOHN_CLARK01>
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<JOHN_CLARK01>

Whats up guys, i'm interested in buying some new speakers to replace my stock speakers. I've already got 2 12 subs in my trunk so bass isn't somethin a really need out of my speakers, i want some good clear sound. I can fit 2 6x9's in back of my car and 2 6 1/2's in the front 2 doors. What would be a good combination of speakers to use that would get me nice clear sound with a little bass. I won't be running them off an amp as of right now so they will be powered by my head unit. Any ideas of what to buy and what brands are the best? I'm willing to spend about 100-150 on a pair of speakers.

Boston Acoustic Rally, Polk, MB Quart, Infinity Kappa. These are a few of my favorites. If you're running them off your deck be careful not to distort the sound. I have found that the internal amp from a deck can easily ruin speakers if turned up loud.

I have a pair of Infinity reference 6.5co-axes in kick pods ands a pair of mtx3.5's in the dash(The 3.5s sound surprisingly realistic), they are crossed over using a pair Infinity reference component x-overs. I use a concept 602(60watts by 2 rms) to power them.

Sounds really nice, has a good realistic soundstage. I don't use any rear speakers because the front stage makes it sound like there is already some rear fill.

My recomendation is to go nuts stuffing speakers up front and dont worry about the rear fill(unless you have a surround sound theater system),

A properly set up front stage will make people think you have rear fill when in reality there is nothing but subwoofers back there.

Leaving the rear speaker holes empty also allows bass to flow more easily into the car

i don't know much about this stuff, but i have 4 Audiobahn AS65c 6 1/2s in my car and they sound GREAT. I was highly impressed with the quality. Audiobahn seems to make very good stuff, i am about to invest in some subs next. I got the speakers off ebay for 57.00 a pair. I think it was the best 57.00 i ever spent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.