What sounds good sealed? Because apparently the Type Rs dont

ok since you seem to not be able to make up your mind im gonna start a top 5 choices for me imo

1. Arc Audio Flatlines. SQ great, Can get loud when needed. Perfect in .9 sealed enclosure. Only come in 12" d2 or d4. Good quality built.

3. IDMax: Built very similar to Flatlines, But Flatlines still sound better. Good power handling. Can get loud, Ok as free air.

2. Rl-P's: SQ is also great, not as good as Flatlines imo. Also gets very loud when needed. Good quality subs too

4. IDQ - Sound Quality is fantastic, not as good power handling which prevents it from getting as loud as flatlines, idmaxes or rl-ps.

5. Type X, SI MAG, Brahmas, RE SE's, Ascendant Audio Arsenals or Assasins, Rl-I's Etc... Etc......

My 2 cents

Mike

yeah the threads will stop..
one last question, before i know for sure.

i am going to get two 10''s.
Then get two assassins....best bang for the buck. Run around 700 to the pair and youll love it....Since you like rap, I would port them.

2 10" assasins in a wicked one = teh sex.

Didnt see ur post on i want 2 10"s now

do what i said above and guy above me

2 10" assasins in a wicked one enclosure.

Mike

Ah... so much great help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sorry, but I think im going back to the two 12'' idea. Just because I can apply as much power as I need, and I now that will be enough, and wasnt sure that the 10s would be loud enough or get low enough in a sealed. So for 20 more bucks, (10 per) ill get two 12'' and seal them in the back of my trunk.

Now the only quetsion is box for each, or one giant box?

Depends....if you want them on seperate corners, then seperate boxes, If youwant them together, then one box...as long as the box is neither to big or small for each sub...

First ya wanna get loud, then ya dont wanna get that loud then ya wanna get loud. Before you go making another thread, figure out what you want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

well if u wnat it sealed, ur gonna have a box with 2 chambers divided down the middle always. There are truck boxes that a taller but smaller in depth to allow them to fit in trucks, research around to find a truck box.

Mike

Thats not true, the type Rs definitely sound good sealed. I had 2 10s in .65 cubes each (a little on the small side) and they sounded great. My sister has 1 12" in 1.2 sealed and only 350 watts and its loud as hell and very clean sounding. Just make sure you have decent volume. If your going 2 10s I suggest 1.8-2.2 cubes, 2 12s 2.4-2.8 cubes and 1 12" 1.2-1.4 cubes

Hm.. Well two 12'' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well if u wnat it sealed, ur gonna have a box with 2 chambers divided down the middle always. There are truck boxes that a taller but smaller in depth to allow them to fit in trucks, research around to find a truck box.
Mike

Well, then its like two seperate boxes. So then maybe I could make this look realy cool. Maybe put on on each side of the trunk?

Here is my trunk...

1cd2b923.jpg

e511399d.jpg

9736b04a.jpg

a9f22111.jpg

f441587f.jpg

Just go a single sealed box with the right internal volume....pointed towards the back of the car and fold down your seat if you can for more output...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.